Indian Pilot Program
Are you from India and interested in becoming an airline pilot?
We have designed Epic Flight Academy’s Indian Pilot Program to train pilots under the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) of India with structured flight training. We take you from zero experience to a successful career as an airline pilot. The program supports students who speak English as a second language. The aviation industry requires the ability to read, write, and speak English proficiently for most employees and all pilots. Therefore, our flight school students have access to English tutoring to develop Aviation English skills during Ground School training.
How many Indian students has Epic trained?
Epic has proudly trained thousands of international students from 80+ countries for jobs in aviation. This includes many from India. We provide a complete pilot program for Indian students to reach their dream airline job. For example, Epic graduates fly for Jet Airways and IndiGo, such as GoAir. Most importantly, the demand for airline pilots is at an all-time high. Therefore, aspiring aviators are seeking the most cost-effective and time-efficient program to received flight training and begin their airline pilot careers.
What are the requirements to begin the Indian Pilot Program?
- First, you must be at least 18 years old.
- Also, you must have a high school diploma or equivalency.
- Next, students must be able to obtain an FAA medical certificate.
- Most importantly, you must be proficient in English.
- Additionally, you must hold a valid passport with at least 6 months before expiration.
- Furthermore, will need to apply for and receive an M1 visa.
- Finally, you must be available to be a full-time student 5 days per week.
What is the cost of the program?
Airline Pilot Program – International Students
Zero Experience to Airline Pilot
Total Course Tuition $59,857.00 USD
Starting with Instrument Course
Total Course Tuition $41,309.50 USD
Starting with Commercial Course
Total Course Tuition $25,024.50 USD
Can I transfer to your flight school?
If you have already logged flight training hours, we can accept you as a transfer student regardless of how much training you have had.
What are the hiring requirements for airlines in India?
Indian DGCA Preliminary Requirements:
- Age: 18 years or older
- Medical: Valid FAA & DGCA Class-I Medicals
- Educational Qualification: 10+2years of schooling (or High School equivalent), with a Pass in Physics and Math
- Valid FAA license with a letter of verification from the FAA
Requirements for the Indian DGCA during training at Epic:
The DGCA requires a total of 200 hours within the last 5 Years. Certainly, this includes:
1) 100 Hrs Solo
2) 50 Solo cross-country
3) 10 Hrs of Instrument time, of which at least 5 hours must be in an aircraft
4) Instruments 40 Hours
The DGCA also requires the following within 6 months (which can be included in the 200-hour course):
1) 15 Hrs as PIC
2) 5 Hrs as PIC by Night, with at least 10 take off & 10 landings
3) A general flying test by Day, with three solo(unassisted) take-offs and landings
4) A general flying test Night, with three solo (unassisted) take-offs and landings
5) A 250 NM cross-country test by Day with one full stop landing at other aerodrome
6) A 120 NM cross-country test by Night (returning to point of departure without landing)
7) One 300NM cross-country with 2 full stop landings
9) A signal reception test report
Note: We recommend that you maintain 2 logbooks. Keep one to record flights and training as per FAA standards. Also, keep one to submit to the DGCA as per their standards. Both should be submitted to Epic Flight Academy for verification and certification. You should also collect attested documents/statements of respective flights with regard to the preceding 5 years, 6 months, as well as the respective Day & Night checks and special cross-country flights.
Depending on the airline, they may require additional hours of time building. Generally, Indian airlines require a total minimum of 200 hours. Therefore, our students typically need an additional *60 hours time building if they finish their commercial training within the estimated 140 hours.
*Pilot-In-Command Time Building: 60 Hours
View Pilot Hiring Requirements for these Indian Airlines:
Below are links for hiring requirements for top airlines in India. Note: These requirements are subject to change at the discretion of the airline. Therefore, refer to the airline directly for the latest information.
- AirAsia India
- Air Deccan
- Air India and Air India Express
- Alliance Air
- Air Odisha
- Blue Dart Aviation
- Club One Air
- Confident Airlines
- Deccan Charters
- Dove Airlines
- Fly Divine
- Jagson Airlines
- Jal Hans
- Jet Airways
- Luwang Air
- Pinnacle Air
- Quikjet Airlines
- Spirit Air
- Supreme Airlines
- Taj Air
- Titan Aviation
- Ventura AirConnect
- VRL Air
- Zoom Air
What is the DGCA Pilot Conversion Process in India?
Once Indian students complete their FAA pilot training at Epic, they will need to follow the steps below to receive a “File Number” and a “Computer Number” to officially convert their licenses to DGCA (Directorate General of Civil Aviation). To clarify, the DGCA requires:
- First, candidates are assigned a File Number after passing the DGCA Class II Medical Exam. Fortunately, this can be completed with doctor or medical facility that is authorized by the DGCA. The DGCA File Number pertains to all of your aviation Medical information in India and is required in order to schedule the DGCA Class I Medical test.
- Next, the DGCA Computer Number pertains to all of a candidate’s information regarding examinations and licensing throughout their aviation career in India. Once the DGCA has examined and verified a candidate’s educational documents, a DGCA Computer Number will be assigned. For those that underwent standard schooling in India, the Graduation Marks Card from 10th and 12th grade must be submitted to the DGCA. If your education was conducted outside of India, or with an academic board/academic organization that does not originate in India, you are required to apply for an “Equivalence Certificate” from the Association of Indian Universities. Additionally, the Equivalence Certificate may be submitted to the DGCA, in lieu of Graduation Marks Cards from India online.
- Lastly, using their DGCA Computer Number, students can apply for their DGCA Knowledge-Based Conversion Examinations online. Therefore, candidates are advised to study and prepare for these exams from the subject material and exam question banks used by the JAA and EASA. The required exams are as follows:
- Navigation-Meteorology Composite (Must earn 70% or above)
- Air Regulations (Must earn 70% or above)
- Radio-Telephony Restricted (AERONAUTICAL) / RTR(A) (Pass or Fail)
How much do pilots earn in India?
That’s a good question and one you should know the answer to before you commit to flight training. Airline pilot salaries vary for many reasons, such as the airline, the pilot’s experience and ratings, etc. Currently, airline pilots earn approximately Rs 3,600,000 to Rs 9,600,000 annually in India. One Indian rupee equals .014 USD. An average income for new pilots in India is more than Rs 12 lakhs annually ($16,860 USD). A captain earns much more, approximately Rs 120 lakhs per year ($168,600 USD). Therefore, we have researched some of the nuances of pilot salaries and continue to share information about this topic for our students.
Relocation & Transportation Assistance
We understand that selecting and applying to a flight school, and arranging travel and housing, if necessary, can be very stressful. However, our pilot training facility assists you in arranging each detail, As a result, your transition here is simple and easy. Visit our Student Life section for more information on our student amenities, transportation, events, and activities.
What else should I know about Epic’s Indian Pilot Program?
Transferable FAA Pilot Programs
Epic’s flight training courses are the leading United States Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) approved Professional Pilot courses. Most importantly, all Civil Aviation Authorities (CAA), including the Directorate General of Civil Aviation. DGCA recognizes FAA-issued certificates. FAA approved flight courses are the key to pilot career opportunities. This is because they require English proficiency and successful completion of an ICAO Level 4 English language endorsement. Most importantly, airlines that fly routes between countries with different native languages require you to speak English.
Virtual Online Flight Academy
Epic Flight Academy provides important resources for its international flight students. For instance, our Online Virtual Flight Academy lets you connect with your FAA Flight Instructor and classmates before you arrive here in New Smyrna Beach, Florida. Likewise, the online, interactive pilot training course helps you develop aviation skills and build a knowledge base of aviation terms and resources. Above all, you have an advantage when you begin attending Epic’s Ground School. For example, we share training videos on Cessna 172s, aircraft systems, aircraft performance, FAA regulations, and the New Smyrna Beach Airport. Indian Pilot Program students can start their training from home. Also, you can try our free Demo Online Course.
Aviation Skill Development (ASD) and Private Pilot Ground School
Epic is the only flight school to offer this unique ASD course. For example, during this phase of flight training, ground school students will build on the information they gained from the Virtual Flight Academy. Additionally, they start flight simulator training. In other words, the purpose of ASD is to familiarize students with the Cessna 172 and the New Smyrna Beach Airport. Most importantly, ASD increases students’ safety and awareness.
What if I have other questions?
Lastly, you can view the most Frequently Asked Questions for international students. Also, we invite you to post questions and comments in our Pilot Forum. Most importantly, we are here to help and look forward to answering your questions. You are welcome to contact us anytime!