6th Annual Epic Aviation Scholarship Awards in 2021
Awarded 4 High School Scholarships Totaling $65,000
Scholarships for High School Students:
1 – $20,000 Scholarship – Flight Training/Private Pilot License
1 – $5,000 Scholarship – Flight Training
2 – $20,000 Scholarships – Aircraft Mechanics Program
NOTE: Epic presented the 6th Annual Scholarship Awards on November 6, 2021. We will open scholarship applications for 2022 in the springs.
Scholarships for Current Epic Students
4 – $1,000 Scholarships to Current Epic Students in PPL, IR, CPL, and CFI Courses
Epic also awarded $1,000 each to these four current Epic Flight Academy students:
- Kyne Fenton – Private Pilot Training
- Joseph McGrath – Instrument Training
- Dominick Bubeck – Commercial Pilot Training
- Michael Brooks – CFI Training
Epic’s aviation scholarship program continues to grow each year to support young people interested in aviation. These scholarships are open to U.S. high school students. In 2021, Epic will award two flight training scholarships and two aircraft mechanic scholarships.
Epic Flight Academy prides itself on attracting top students. Therefore, we are looking for four excellent candidates for the 2021 scholarship awards. First, we offer a full scholarship to earn a Private Pilot’s License (up to $20,000 in flight training). Also, we award a Partial Scholarship of $5,000 toward flight training. Our scholarships are open to all U.S. high school juniors and seniors. Finally, we award two $20,000 scholarships to two graduating seniors to attend our Aircraft Mechanic Program.
Additionally, we will award $1,000 each to a current Epic student in each of the following courses: Private Pilot, Instrument Rating, Commercial, and Flight Instructor to be applied to their current tuition.
Epic has awarded more than $210,000 to 15 high school students in the last six years.
High School Scholarship Requirements:
- First, the applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Furthermore, the applicant must currently be a junior or senior attending high school in the U.S. for the flight training scholarships.
- For the aircraft mechanic scholarship, applicants must currently be a senior attending high school in the U.S.
- Applicants must be turning 16 years of age or older on or before December 31, 2021 (flight training); or, you must be 18 years old by time of completing program (aircraft mechanic)
- All applicants must be able to start training within 12 months of receiving the scholarship.
- Also, you must be able to use the scholarship within 24 months.
- Additionally, you must have parent or guardian’s approval if under 18 years of age.
- Most importantly, applicants must have consistent, reliable transportation to attend Epic Flight Academy or be willing to relocate here during training.
- Finally, you must be able to present a Third Class Medical for the flight training scholarship.
High School Scholarship Application Details
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATION WAS FRIDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2021
SCHOLARSHIPS WERE AWARDED ON SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2021
Our goal is to give applicants the opportunity to provide quality submissions and showcase their attitudes. We are interested in learning your views on flying, goal-setting, and other qualities.
Applicants should first review the requirements of the 2021 Scholarship Application below. Then, applicants should complete all steps, such as securing letters of recommendation. Lastly, they should upload all required documents.
What is included in your application?
- Upload PDF document containing Community Service Involvement & Extracurricular Activities, including Organization/Affiliation, Date and Duration, and Location
- Upload PDF document containing responses to both of the following Short Essay prompts:
- Short Essay 1: What personal attributes would you look for in a scholarship applicant?
- Short Essay 2: What is your motivation for your flight training goals/aircraft mechanic goals? (Include your goals.)
- Upload 2 Letters of Recommendation: At least one must be from a high school teacher, counselor, coach, or other school official. Both Letters of Recommendation may be from teachers, counselors, coaches, or other school officials. Letters of Recommendation must not be from anyone related to you, including a guardian. Letters of Recommendation should be from adults who have served in a supervisory role to you. Please ensure that the Letters of Recommendation include the reference’s contact information.
- Create YouTube Video: In two minutes or less, creatively explain why you feel that you are the strongest candidate to receive a scholarship. Upload the video to YouTube, and be prepared to provide the link in the application.
- Upload Aviation-Related Photo: Provide us with an aviation-related photo of yourself in either jpg, jpeg, or png file format. If you win, we will share your photo on our website and in other scholarship materials.
How to Apply:
Please note that there are TWO different application forms depending on whether you are applying for a pilot scholarship or a mechanic scholarship. Please choose the correct button below to apply. (Note: Applications closed on Oct. 1, 2021.)
How many scholarships will be awarded in 2021? We will award flight scholarships to two U.S. high school students and mechanic scholarships to two U.S. high school senior. So, we will award scholarships to 4 high school students. We will also award 4 scholarships to current Epic students.
What is included in the high school scholarship application? The application consists of:
- several short essay questions
- your current high school information
- community service
- letters of recommendation
- one video uploaded to YouTube
- one photo
Do I get additional points for submitting my application earlier that other applicants? The date an application is received carries no weight in the scoring process. However, the application must be submitted by the October 1st deadline.
When will I know if I’ve been selected for the final round? We will notify final round applicants by October 15th.
What is the next step if I’m chosen for the final round? Final round applicants participate in a phone interview with a panel of judges who will determine the scholarship recipients. .
Must I attend the award ceremony on November 6th? If you win, you are not required to attend, although we do hope you will. Our aviation scholarship awards event is a lot of fun, and you’ll get to meet a lot of Epic staff and students.
Do I need to visit Epic Flight Academy in order to be eligible? It is important that applicants explore all that Epic Flight Academy has to offer and ensure our flight school is a good fit. We’d love to have applicants visit our campus. However, we understand that scheduling a visit can be a challenge. If you are unable to visit our campus, don’t worry! Contact us if you have questions. Also, you can take a virtual tour and learn a lot here on our website.
Will I get additional points for visiting Epic Flight Academy? Applicants that visit Epic Flight Academy do not receive any additional points or consideration in the scoring process.
Aviation Scholarship Awards Event
We hosted our 6th annual award ceremony on Saturday, November 6 from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm. New Smyrna Beach Mayor Russ Owens was on hand to present the awards.
We also hosted a fishing tournament to support scholarships!
Past Epic Aviation Scholarship Recipients
Epic Aviation Scholarship Contact: Dr. Cindy Lovell
2021 Epic Aviation Scholarship Winners
2020 Epic Aviation Scholarship Winners
2019 Epic Aviation Scholarship Winners
2018 Epic Aviation Scholarship Winners
2017 Epic Aviation Scholarship Winners
2016 Epic Aviation Scholarship Winner
Lastly, we wish everyone the best as you apply for an aviation scholarship. Also, you may visit our scholarship resource list to see if there are additional scholarships for which you can apply. Certainly, aviation training can be costly. However, scholarships can help minimize the cost.