Epic Flight Academy’s 4th Annual Aviation Scholarship Awards
$20,000 Scholarship – Private Pilot License
$5,000 – Flight Training
Epic Flight Academy prides itself on attracting top students, and we are looking for two excellent candidates for the 2019 scholarship awards: Full scholarship to earn a Private Pilot’s License (up to $20,000 in flight training) and a Partial Scholarship of $5,000 toward flight training. Our scholarships are now open to all U.S. students who will be graduating high school in the spring of 2020.
Awarding over $80,000 to six high school students in the last three years, we are excited to host the 4th Annual Epic Aviation Scholarship in Fall 2019!
Scholarship Application Deadline: October 11, 2019
Scholarship Awards Presentation: October 26, 2019
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must currently be a junior or senior attending high school in the U.S.
- Must be turning 17 years of age or older on or before June 1, 2020
- Must be able to start training within 12 months of receiving the scholarship
- Must be able to utilize the scholarship within 24 months
- Must have parent or guardian’s approval if under 18 years of age
- Must have consistent, reliable transportation to attend Epic Flight Academy or be willing to relocate here during training
- Must be able to present a Third Class Medical
Scholarship Application Details
Our goal is to give applicants the opportunity to provide top quality submissions and showcase their dispositions toward flying, goal-setting, and other qualities. In order to minimize technical difficulties and preserve formatting, the 2019 application primarily includes document uploads, rather than typing directly into data fields.
Applicants should first review the required elements of the 2019 Scholarship Application below. Then, once applicants have completed all of the following elements, they may use the application to enter general information and provide the items listed below.
- Upload PDF document containing Community Service Involvement & Extracurricular Activities, including Organization/Affiliation, Date and Duration, and Location
- Upload PDF document containing responses to all 4 of the following Short Essay prompts
- Short Essay 1: If you were in charge of awarding this scholarship, what personal attributes would you look for in the ideal scholarship recipient?
- Short Essay 2: List 3 pros and 3 cons of the current U.S. education system.
- Short Essay 3: What qualities make a strong leader? What qualities make a strong follower?
- Short Essay 4: What is your motivation for flight training? What are your aviation goals?
- Upload 2 Letters of Recommendation: At least one must be from a high school teacher, counselor, coach, or other school official. Both Letters of Recommendation may be from teachers, counselors, coaches, or other school officials, if you wish to do so. Letters of Recommendation must not be from anyone related to you, including a guardian. Letters of Recommendation should be from adults who have served in a supervisory role to you. Please ensure that the Letters of Recommendation include the reference’s contact information.
- Create YouTube Video: In two minutes or less, creatively explain why you feel that you are the strongest candidate to receive a scholarship. Upload the video to Youtube, and be prepared to provide the link in the application.
- Upload Aviation-Related Photo: Provide us with an aviation-related photo of yourself in either jpg, jpeg, or png file format.
Ready to submit your application? 2019 Scholarship Application
How many scholarships will be awarded in 2019? We will be awarding scholarships to 2 U.S. high school seniors this year at the scholarship event on Saturday, November 9th at the Epic Flight Academy campus.
If I’m unable to attend the Scholarship Awards Presentation, am I still eligible for the scholarship? While we do hope recipients are able to attend the Scholarship Awards Presentation to celebrate their accomplishment, attendance is not required for those with extenuating circumstances.
What is included in the scholarship application? The application consists of several short essay questions, your current high school information, community service, letters of recommendation, a video, and a photo.
Do I get additional points for submitting my application earlier that other applicants? The date an application is received carries no weight in the scoring process, as long as the application is submitted by the Friday, October 11th deadline.
When will I know if I’ve been selected for the final round? Final round applicants will be notified by Wednesday, October 16th.
What is the next step if I’m chosen for the final round? Final round applicants will participate in a phone interview with a panel of judges who will determine the scholarship recipients.
Do I need to visit Epic Flight Academy in order to be eligible? It is important that applicants explore all that Epic Flight Academy has to offer and ensure our flight school is a good fit. We’d love to have applicants visit our campus, but we understand that scheduling a visit involves much coordination and can be a challenge. If you are unable to visit our campus, don’t worry! Contact our Admissions Team for a virtual tour and an abundance of information. You can also learn a lot here on our website.
Will I get additional points for visiting Epic Flight Academy? Applicants that visit Epic Flight Academy do not receive any additional points or consideration in the scoring process.
2017 Scholarship Recipients (L-R) Ryan Groel, Mitchell Nathan, and Skye Sobzack
2016 Scholarship Recipient Victoria Taranowski and Epic CEO Danny Perna
Epic Aviation Scholarship Contact: Dr. Cindy Lovell
Learn about our fishing tournament to support scholarships!
With Thanks to Our 2018 Sponsors:
2018 Epic Aviation Scholarship Winners
2017 Epic Aviation Scholarship Winners
2016 Epic Aviation Scholarship Winner