International Flight School Students
Epic Flight Academy has been providing FAA-approved flight training for international flight school students since 1999.
Tens of thousands of flight students from 80+ countries have successfully graduated from our flight school and now enjoy airline careers. Epic provides safe, highly skilled airline pilots for more than 300 airlines. These qualified pilots fly within every Civil Aviation Authority. Epic’s network of graduates extends across the world, and our flight school exceeds 30,000 hours of operations annually. The international student pilot program welcomes new students monthly, and we would love to welcome you!
Our Admissions Team is committed to guiding you through flight school enrollment and outlining each step of the process. We offer individualized training advice that will result in a rewarding professional airline pilot career.
International Admissions Requirements
- Be at least 17 years of age
- Complete minimum high school or equivalent
- Have a valid international passport
- Provide proof of financial means to fund pilot training
- Be able to read, speak, write and understand the English language
International Admissions Process
- Meet the Requirements: If you meet the requirements and are eligible to attend flight school, we will guide you through enrollment. An Epic representative will work with you each step of the way.
- Submit Visa Processing Fee: This covers your Sevis I-901 government fee, I-20 processing, incoming student package, Epic Virtual Academy online access, English Assessment, and government documentation shipping costs. Remember to prepare well for your visa interview.
- Receive Student Packet: Accepted students will receive a package containing the following: an official letter of acceptance into Epic Flight Academy, I-20 signed by a designated school official, I-901 receipt, student checklist with enrollment procedures including TSA registration, and login information to begin the Epic Virtual Academy online preparation course.
- Schedule Visa Interview: Our Admissions Team will assist in scheduling your M-1 Student Visa interview with the U.S. Embassy nearest you. Prior to the interview, our team will go over what to expect, suggested attire, required documentation, and additional interview techniques for successful issuance of your visa.
- Obtain Student Visa: Immediately following the interview, students are informed if they have been granted the M-1 Student Visa. Once granted, students need to submit their passport and receive their visa stamp, which typically occurs within 5-7 business days.
- Travel to Epic: You are ready to get started on your aviation journey! Book your plane, train, or car, and make your way to Epic in New Smyrna Beach, Florida. Plan to arrive a few days before your class starts. We look forward to seeing you very soon. Learn to fly!
- Transfer Flight Training: If you have previous flight experience, learn more about the FAA foreign pilot license verification process. Many students with logged hours transfer their training to Epic
Relocation & Transportation Assistance
We understand that selecting and applying to a flight school and arranging travel and housing can be stressful, but we assist you with every step. Student Life at Epic is positive and high energy. We are here to help you have a great experience!
Visit our Flight Academy Campus
We would love for you to come tour our campus and get a firsthand look at Epic. Our top-notch facilities and resources are located at the New Smyrna Beach Municipal Airport in Florida, USA. If you can’t visit us in person, take a virtual tour of the campus. We also encourage prospective students to schedule a Discovery Flight Introductory Lesson with one of our certified flight instructors. The sky is the limit at Epic!
Check out the most Frequently Asked Questions for international students, or post questions and comments in our Pilot Forum. We are here to help and look forward to answering your questions. You are welcome to contact us anytime!