Air India Careers
If you plan to apply for job openings at Air India, you should first familiarize yourself with Air India’s hiring requirements and pay so you can maximize your airline career. Skills, experience, and hours logged impact wages for both captain and first officer positions, therefore it is wise to always compare entry level pilot salary to the average to get a better idea of the rewards and opportunities provided through Air India careers. How much do pilots earn is usually the first question applicants ask, but these jobs offer benefits beyond the pay, which is why you need to research everything from hiring requirements to income to other perks of the job.
Type of airline: International Passenger
Headquarters: Delhi, India
Hubs: Main hub is Indira Gandhi International Airport (Delhi) with secondary hub Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (Mumbai) and focus cities: Chennai International Airport, Cochin International Airport, Kempegowda International Airport (Bangalore), Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport (Kolkata), Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (Hyderabad), Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport (Ahmedabad), and Trivandrum International Airport with 118 destinations (excluding subsidiaries)
Origin: The company was founded in 1932 and began operating in 1946.
- Zeal to excel and zest for change
- Integrity and fairness in all matters
- Respect for dignity and potential of individuals
- Strict adherence to commitments
- Ensure speed of response
- Foster learning, creativity, and teamwork
- Loyalty and pride in the company
What are the hiring requirements for Air India careers?
- Academic Qualification: 10+2 (with Physics & Math) from a recognized Board/University
- Upper age limit for P1 Commanders: 55 Years
- Upper age limit for sr. trainee pilots: 53 Years (Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 Years for SC/ST & 3 Years for OBC Candidates. Ex-Servicemen will be given age relaxation as per rules.)
- Technical/License Requirements:
- Current Class-I Medical Fitness Certificate issued by DGCA, India
- Current valid ATPL/CPL issued by DGCA, India
- Current FRTO issued by DGCA, India
- IR Endorsement for CPL
- Current RTR (A) or RTR(P) or RTR(C) issued by WPC, Ministry of Communication, India
- Valid ELP
- Candidates should be in possession of Indian Current passport. If not available, proof of submission of application to be attached.
Homepage: Air India
We have tried to provide the most accurate information regarding hiring requirements for commercial airlines. However, we also encourage you to contact the airline you’re interested in working for directly to verify employment requirements. Learn how much you can earn as a pilot, and learn exactly how to become a pilot. We wish you great success as an airline pilot and hope you land your dream job! Before you fill out that job application, you will need flight training. If you are interested in pursuing a flying career with Air India and are interested in receiving your training at our flight school in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, please contact us today!