If you plan to apply for job openings at IndiGo, you should first familiarize yourself with IndiGo’s hiring requirements and pay so you can maximize your airline career. Skills, experience, and hours logged impact wages for both captain and first officer positions, therefore it is wise to always compare entry level pilot salary to the average to get a better idea of the rewards and opportunities provided through IndiGo careers. How much do pilots earn is usually the first question applicants ask, but these jobs offer benefits beyond the pay, which is why you need to research everything from hiring requirements to income to other perks of the job.
Type of airline: International Passenger
Headquarters: Indira Gandhi International Airport (Delhi)
Hubs: Chennai International Airport (Chennai), Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (Mumbai), Indira Gandhi International Airport (Delhi), Kempegowda International Airport (Bengaluru), Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport (Kolkata), Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (Hyderabad), and Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport (Ahmedabad) with 23 destinations
Origin: The company was founded in 2005 and began operations in 2006.
Values: One of the most reliable airlines in the world
What are the hiring requirements for IndiGo careers?
Type Rating A320 Expat:
- Max Age: 62yrs; Pilots must have current ATPL, FRTO, RTR, Class 1 Medical, valid ratings and an accident / incident-free record at the time of application.
- Minimum Total Flight Time : 5000hrs ,Minimum PIC on Multi-engine airplanes: 3000 hrs, Min PIC time on A-320 family Aircraft : 1000hrs (current IR/PPC check) ; ICAO English language Proficiency 4 & above, Max age: 62 years at the time of application. Minimum Glass-cockpit experience 1000 hrs
- Minimum flight time 5000 hrs
- Pilot-in -Command (Type Rated) on A- 320; Max Age: 62 yrs; Pilots must have current DGCA ATPL, FRTO, RTR, Class 1 Medical, valid ratings and an accident / incident-free record at the time of application.
- Applicants for the role of A320 Trainer should hold DGCA approved trainer status
- Total Flying Experience 3000 hours including 1000 hours on Multi Engine aircraft and line released as PIC on A320.
- Min flight time 3000 hrs
Non Type Rated:
- Pilot-in-Command (Transition); Max Age: 58 yrs as on the date of application and an accident / incident-free record at the time of application.
- Total Flying Experience of 3000 hours including PIC experience of at least 500 hours on commercial multi-engine jet with MTOW > 5700 kgs or 1000 hours on non-commercial multi-engine jet with MTOW > 5700 kgs. OR Total flying experience of 3000 hours including PIC experience of at least 1000 hours on commercial multi-engine Turbo prop with MTOW > 5700 kgs or 2000 hours on non-commercial multi-engine Turbo prop with MTOW > 10000 kgs.
- Minimum flight time 3000 hrs
We have tried to provide the most accurate information regarding hiring requirements for commercial airlines. However, we also encourage you to contact the airline you’re interested in working for directly to verify employment requirements. Learn how much you can earn as a pilot, and learn exactly how to become a pilot. We wish you great success as an airline pilot and hope you land your dream job! Before you fill out that job application, you will need flight training. If you are interested in pursuing a flying career with IndiGo and are interested in receiving your training at our flight school in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, please contact us today!