Peruvian Pilot Program
Are you from Peru and interested in becoming an airline pilot?
We have designed Epic Flight Academy’s Peruvian Pilot Program to train pilots under the Directorate General of Civil Aviation of Perú with structured flight training. We take you from zero experience to a successful career as an airline pilot. The program supports students who speak English as a second language. The aviation industry requires the ability to read, write, and speak English proficiently for most employees and all pilots. Therefore, our flight school students have access to English tutoring to develop Aviation English skills during Ground School training.
How many Peruvian students has Epic trained?
Epic has trained thousands of international students from 80+ countries for jobs in aviation. This includes many from Peru. We provide a complete pilot program for Peruvian students to reach their dream airline job. For example, Epic graduate Sebastian Timana Ruiz flies for LATAM. Most importantly, the demand for airline pilots is at an all-time high. Therefore, aspiring aviators are seeking the most cost-effective and time-efficient program to receive flight training and begin their airline pilot careers.
What are the requirements to begin the Peruvian Pilot Program?
- First, you must be at least 18 years old.
- Also, you must have a high school diploma or equivalency.
- Next, students must be able to obtain an FAA medical certificate.
- Most importantly, you must be proficient in English.
- Additionally, you must hold a valid passport with at least 6 months before expiration.
- Furthermore, will need to apply for and receive an M1 visa.
- Finally, you must be available to be a full-time student 5 days per week.
What is the cost of the program?
Airline Pilot Program – International Students
Zero Experience to Airline Pilot
Total Course Tuition $65,260.00 USD
Starting with Instrument Course
Total Course Tuition $36,410.00 USD
Starting with Commercial Course
Total Course Tuition $18,720.00 USD
Can I transfer to your flight school?
If you have already logged flight training hours, we can accept you as a transfer student regardless of how much training you have had.
What are the pilot hiring requirements for airlines in Peru?
Depending on the airline, they may require additional hours of time building. Generally, Peruvian airlines require a total minimum of 200 hours. Therefore, our students typically need an additional *60 hours time building if they finish their commercial training within the estimated 140 hours.
*Pilot-In-Command Time Building: 60 Hours
View Pilot Hiring Requirements for these Peruvian Airlines:
Below are links for hiring requirements for top choice airlines in Perú. Note: These requirements are subject to change at the discretion of the airline. Therefore, refer to the airline directly for the latest information.
What is the DGAC Peruvian Pilot Conversion process?
Once Peruvian students complete their FAA pilot training at Epic, they will need to follow the steps below to officially convert their licenses to DGAC (Direccion General de Aeronautica Civil).
- Before returning to Perú, students must take their logbook to the Consulate General of Peru in Miami to get the documents legalized for Perú.
- After returning to Perú, students must go to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to get their paperwork stamped. The stamped paperwork must be taken to the DGAC (Direccion General de Aeronautica Civil), which is part of the Ministry of Transportation. Students will notify the DGAC that they intend to validate their hours and convert from FAA to DGAC.
- Take 4 Peruvian examinations: ICAO English Exam, Commercial Written Exam, Medical exam (available at TEZZA or Air Force Hospital), and the Phraseology Exam
- Students will then return to the DGAC where they will be present a temporary license with which students will select a flight school to validate their training
- The DGAC requires a minimum of 5 hours for validation, which includes the checkride time. Depending on the school, students will likely complete a 2-hour ground school and 1-hour simulator lesson before working towards the 5 validation hours.
- After successful completion of the minimum hours and checkride, students should have their official documentation available for pickup at the DGAC within a week.
How much do pilots earn in Peru?
Investing in flight training is a big decision, and you want to make sure your earning potential justifies the investment you make. Commercial pilot salaries in Peru vary among airlines and also depend on a pilot’s experience and type ratings. The average annual pilot salary in Peru is approximately S/54,500 (PEN), which converts to $16,080 in U.S. dollars (USD). New pilots can expect to make approximately S/38,000 while more experienced pilots would be paid approximately S/68,000. As with any job, there are many variable. To fully understand how pilot salaries are calculated, we have prepared a more detailed article that addresses wages, benefits, and bonuses.
Relocation & Transportation Assistance
We understand that selecting and applying to a flight school, and arranging travel and housing, if necessary, can be very stressful. However, our pilot training facility assists you in arranging each detail, As a result, your transition here is simple and easy. Visit our Student Life section for more information on our student amenities, transportation, events, and activities.
What else should I know about Epic’s Peruvian Pilot Program?
Transferable FAA Pilot Programs
Epic’s flight training courses are the leading United States Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) approved Professional Pilot courses. All Civil Aviation Authorities (CAA), including the Directorate General of Civil Aviation of Peru (DGCA). DGCA recognizes FAA-issued certificates. FAA approved flight courses are the key to pilot career opportunities. This is because they require English proficiency and successful completion of an ICAO Level 4 English language endorsement. Most importantly, airlines that fly routes between countries with different native languages require you to speak English.
Virtual Online Flight Academy
Epic Flight Academy provides important resources for its international flight students. For instance, our Online Virtual Flight Academy lets you connect with your FAA Flight Instructor and classmates before you arrive here in New Smyrna Beach, Florida. Likewise, the online, interactive pilot training course helps you develop aviation skills and build a knowledge base of aviation terms and resources. Above all, you have an advantage when you begin attending Epic’s Ground School. For example, we share training videos on Cessna 172s, aircraft systems, aircraft performance, FAA regulations, and the New Smyrna Beach Airport. Peruvian Pilot Program students can start their training from home. Also, you can try our free Demo Online Course.
Aviation Skill Development (ASD) and Private Pilot Ground School
Epic is the only flight school to offer this unique ASD course. For example, during this phase of flight training, ground school students will build on the information they gained from the Virtual Flight Academy. Additionally, they start flight simulator training. In other words, the purpose of ASD is to familiarize students with the Cessna 172 and the New Smyrna Beach Airport. Most importantly, ASD increases students’ safety and awareness.
What if I have other questions?
You can view the most Frequently Asked Questions for international students. Also, you can also post questions and comments in our Pilot Forum. Most importantly, we are here to help and look forward to answering your questions. You are welcome to contact us anytime!