Role: Wide-body jet airliner
First flight: January 17, 1994
Passenger seating: 210-250
Models: A330-300, A330-200F, A330-800neo
- Two Rolls Royce Trent 772B engines, a pair of Pratt and Whitney PW4000 engines, or General Electric CF6-80E engines
- Glass cockpit
- Upgraded and redesigned interior configurations
- China Eastern is the largest operator of the A300-200.
- All Airbus cockpits are the same allowing pilots to switch from one type of Airbus aircraft to another.
- The A330 was Airbus’s first airliner to offer a choice of three engine options.
- World’s largest airliner manufacturer in 2019 – 863 planes delivered.
- The A330-200 offers passengers modern fourth-generation in-flight entertainment, including video-on-demand, as well as email and mobile phone and connectivity via satellite.
Pilots must earn their type rating in the Airbus A330-200 to be qualified to fly this aircraft. In most cases, the airline you fly for will get you type-rated.
Are you ready to learn to fly an A330-200?
Have you always wanted to become a commercial pilot and fly for the airlines? We have trained thousands of commercial airline pilots who are now flying for airlines all around the world, and we can train you! The pilot life is full of camaraderie and adventure, and the pay is good, too. If you’d like to find out if you qualify for flight school, we’d love to hear from you and help you achieve your dream of becoming a pilot!