Hiring Requirements for UPS Airlines
Type of airline: U.S. Cargo
Headquarters: Louisville, Kentucky
Hubs: Main: Louisville International Airport; Asia/Pacific: Hong Kong International Airport, Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Shanghai Pudong International Airport, and Shenzhen Bao’an International Airport; US: Philadelphia International Airport, Ontario International Airport, Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, Chicago Rockford International Airport, Miami International Airport, and Columbia Metropolitan Airport; Europe: Cologne Bonn Airport and East Midlands Airport; and Canada: John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport with 372 global destinations.
Origin: The company was founded in 1988.
- Integrity – It is the core of who we are and all we do.
- Teamwork – Determined people working together can accomplish anything.
- Service – Serving the needs of our customers and communities is central to our success.
- Quality and Efficiency – We remain constructively dissatisfied in our pursuit of excellence.
- Safety – The well-being of our people, business partners, and the public is of utmost importance.
- Sustainability – Long-term prosperity requires our continued commitment to environmental stewardship and social responsibility.
- Innovation – Creativity and change are essential to growth.
- Hold a current unrestricted ATP certificate with an Airplane category multi-engine class rating and English proficiency endorsement.
- Hold a current FAA First Class Medical Certificate.
- Hold an FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit.
- Hold a valid passport.
- Have authorization to work in the United States.
- Have a minimum of 1500 hours of total fixed-wing pilot time
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university
- Recent and type of experience will be considered; for example, preference given to candidates with demonstrated flight experience in transport category aircraft within the last 12 months from date of application.
- Minimum of 1000 hours Pilot in Command (PIC) hours in fixed-wing jet and/or fixed-wing multi-engine turboprop per 14 CFR 1.1 (UPS will allow military candidates to add a plus (.3) per sortie factor to flight time)
Homepage: UPS Cargo
Although we have tried to provide the most useful and accurate information here regarding hiring requirements for commercial airlines, we encourage you to confirm these requirements for yourself.
Our flight school provides the training you need to get started for a career with UPS Airlines. Wishing you a great career as a commercial airline pilot and hoping you land your dream job!