UPS Airlines Careers
If you plan to apply for job openings at UPS Airlines, you should first familiarize yourself with UPS’s hiring requirements and pay so you can maximize your airline career. Skills, experience, and hours logged impact wages for both captain and first officer positions, therefore it is wise to always compare entry level pilot salary to the average to get a better idea of the rewards and opportunities provided through UPS Airlines careers. How much do pilots earn is usually the first question applicants ask, but these jobs offer benefits beyond the pay, which is why you need to research everything from hiring requirements to income to other perks of the job.
Type of airline: U.S. Cargo
Headquarters: Louisville, Kentucky
Hubs: Main: Louisville International Airport; Asia/Pacific: Hong Kong International Airport, Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Shanghai Pudong International Airport, and Shenzhen Bao’an International Airport; US: Philadelphia International Airport, Ontario International Airport, Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, Chicago Rockford International Airport, Miami International Airport, and Columbia Metropolitan Airport; Europe: Cologne Bonn Airport and East Midlands Airport; and Canada: John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport with 372 global destinations.
Origin: The company was founded in 1988.
- Integrity – It is the core of who we are and all we do.
- Teamwork – Determined people working together can accomplish anything.
- Service – Serving the needs of our customers and communities is central to our success.
- Quality and Efficiency – We remain constructively dissatisfied in our pursuit of excellence.
- Safety – The well-being of our people, business partners, and the public is of utmost importance.
- Sustainability – Long-term prosperity requires our continued commitment to environmental stewardship and social responsibility.
- Innovation – Creativity and change are essential to growth.
What are the hiring requirements for UPS Airlines careers?
- Hold a current unrestricted ATP certificate with an Airplane category multi-engine class rating and English proficiency endorsement.
- Hold a current FAA First Class Medical Certificate.
- Hold an FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit.
- Hold a valid passport.
- Have authorization to work in the United States.
- Have a minimum of 1500 hours of total fixed-wing pilot time
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university
- Recent and type of experience will be considered; for example, preference given to candidates with demonstrated flight experience in transport category aircraft within the last 12 months from date of application.
- Minimum of 1000 hours Pilot in Command (PIC) hours in fixed-wing jet and/or fixed-wing multi-engine turboprop per 14 CFR 1.1 (UPS will allow military candidates to add a plus (.3) per sortie factor to flight time)
So, exactly how much can I earn as a UPS pilot?
Here is a sampling of UPS pilot annual wages. Pilot pay changes based on various factors, such as type of plane, years of experience, etc. For instance, this is for the Boeing 747.
|Starting: $37,917||Starting: $37,917|
|Average: $107,551||Average: $146,130|
|Top: $177,185||Top: $254,343|
Homepage: UPS Cargo
UPS Cargo Careers: Overview
We have tried to provide the most accurate information regarding hiring requirements for commercial airlines. However, we also encourage you to contact the airline you’re interested in working for directly to verify employment requirements. Learn how much you can earn as a pilot, and learn exactly how to become a pilot. We wish you great success as an airline pilot and hope you land your dream job! Before you fill out that job application, you will need flight training. If you are interested in pursuing a flying career with UPS Airlines and are interested in receiving your training at our flight school in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, please contact us today!