Republic Airways Pilot Careers & Salary: A Comprehensive Guide
- Introduction – Exploring Job Opportunities at Republic Airways: If you are considering applying for job openings at Republic Airways, it’s essential to be well-informed about the company’s hiring prerequisites and compensation structure. This knowledge will allow you to strategically navigate your professional path within the airline industry.
- Navigating Salary Dynamics – Captain and First Officer Positions: A crucial aspect to understand is how skills, experience, and flight hours impact the wages for both captain and first officer positions at Republic Airways. To make informed decisions about your career trajectory, it is wise to compare the entry-level pilot salary with the industry average. This comparative analysis provides insights into the potential rewards and growth opportunities offered by Republic Airways careers.
- Unveiling Compensation Beyond Pay – The Comprehensive Package: Although the question of “How much do pilots earn?” is frequently at the forefront of applicants’ minds, it’s equally important to recognize that these roles come with benefits extending beyond monetary compensation. Prospective candidates should delve into comprehensive research, examining not only hiring requirements and income but also the additional perks and advantages of working for Republic Airways.
- Maximizing Your Airline Career – A Strategic Approach: In order to maximize your success in pursuing a career at Republic Airways, adopting a strategic approach is important. This involves not only meeting the basic hiring requirements and understanding salary structures but also grasping the broader spectrum of opportunities and benefits that the airline offers. By delving into the details, you position yourself to make well-informed decisions that can positively impact your long-term professional trajectory within the airline industry.
Republic Airways Hiring Requirements Overview
Airline Type: U.S. Regional
Headquarters: Indianapolis, Indiana
- Kansas City
- New York-LaGuardia
- Washington, D.C.-Ronald Reagan
Columbus, OH (CMH); Washington, DC (DCA – Reagan National); Newark, NJ (EWR); Houston, TX (IAH); Indianapolis, IN (IND); New York, NY (LGA – LaGuardia); Kansas City, MO (MCI); Miami, FL (MIA); Chicago, IL (ORD – O’Hare); Philadelphia, PA (PHL); Pittsburgh, PA (PIT)
Origin: Founded in 1973 as Chautauqua Airlines, Republic Airways now operates on behalf of American Airlines, Delta, and United Airlines with service to over 100 cities across the US, Canada,Central America, and the Caribbean.
What are the hiring requirements for Republic Airways careers?
RJet Pilot Prep Program
Students and Certified Flight Instructors in the RJet Pilot Prep program receive the following benefits from Republic Airways:
- Exclusive access to Republic Airways events
- Opportunity to participate in the “Flight Time Initiative” program, which provides funding for the remaining 100 flight hours needed to meet minimums
- Funding for ATP-CTP course once minimum ATP/R-ATP requirements are met
- Funding for hotel and ground transport during ATP-CTP course
- Secured spot in First Officer training class once minimum requirements are met
RJet Pilot Prep Qualifications:
- FAA Instrument rating and Commercial license
- Enrolled flight school student or FAA Certified Flight Instructor
- Maximum of 1000 flight hours
- Maximum of one failed check ride
- Current FAA First Class Medical certificate
- FCC Restricted Radiotelephone license
- Ability to legally work in the United States
- Current driver’s license
- Letter of recommendation
- Interview with recruiter and line pilot
- ATP written
- 1500 TT fixed-wing / RATP 1,000 TT or 1,250 TT
- 50 ME
- 75 Instrument
First Officer Hiring Requirements
- FAA commercial pilot’s license with multi-engine and instrument ratings
- 50 hours of multi-engine fixed-wing flight time (may be reduced to 25)
- 200 hours cross-country flight time
- 250 hours fixed-wing PIC
- 100 hours of cross-country as PIC
- 100 hours of night flying
- 75 hours of instrument time (actual or simulated – 50 hours must be in airplanes)
- 25 hours of night PIC
- Must be at least 21 years of age and finish ATP written prior to start of New Hire Training
- Total flight time minimums:
- 1,500 hours
- 1,250 hours – with qualifying 2- or 4-year aviation university program with 30 aviation hours
- 1,000 hours – with qualifying 2- or 4-year aviation university program with 60 aviation hours
- 750 hours – military flight training graduates
Additionally, candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Current FAA first class medical certificate
- Current passport
- IFR Currency
- FCC Radio Operator’s Permit
- Ability to legally work in the United States
- Ability to travel in and out of the United States
So, exactly how much can I earn as a Republic Airways pilot?
Here is a sampling of Republic Airways pilot hourly wages. Pilot pay changes based on various factors, such as type of plane, years of experience, etc. For instance, this is for the Embraer 175.
|Starting: $46/hr||Starting: $90/hr|
|Average: $55/hr||Average: $111/hr|
|Top: $60/hr||Top: $140/hr|
Homepage: Republic Airways
We have tried to provide the most accurate information regarding hiring requirements for commercial airlines. However, we also encourage you to contact the airline you’re interested in working for directly to verify employment requirements. Learn how much you can earn as a pilot, and learn exactly how to become a pilot. We wish you great success as an airline pilot, and we hope you land your dream job! Before you fill out that job application, you will need flight training. If you are interested in pursuing a flying career with Delta and are interested in receiving your training at our flight school in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, please contact us today!
Republic Airways in the News
Republic Airways is a newsmaker. Here are the latest articles about Republic Airways and its pilots:
- November 6, 2023 – AirInsight: Republic Airways moves on electric regional aircraft
Airlines! If you have an update for your hiring requirements, please submit them to us! Thank you for helping us keep your information current!