Mesa Airlines Careers
If you plan to apply for job openings at Mesa Airlines, you should first familiarize yourself with Mesa’s hiring requirements and pay so you can maximize your airline career. Skills, experience, and hours logged impact wages for both captain and first officer positions, therefore it is wise to always compare entry level pilot salary to the average to get a better idea of the rewards and opportunities provided through Mesa Airlines careers. How much do pilots earn is usually the first question applicants ask, but these jobs offer benefits beyond the pay, which is why you need to research everything from hiring requirements to income to other perks of the job.
Airline Type: U.S. Regional
Headquarters: Phoenix, Arizona
Bases: Phoenix, AZ (PHX); Dallas, TX (DFW – Ft. Worth); Louisville, KY (SDF); Dulles, VA (IAD); Houston, TX (IAH)
Origin: Founded in 1980, Mesa Airlines now operates on behalf of American Airlines as American Eagle and United Airlines as United Express. The airline provides service to over 110 cities in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Cuba, and the Bahamas.
What are the hiring requirements for Mesa Airlines careers?
Cadet Pipeline Program
Pilots in the Cadet Pipeline program receive the following benefits from Mesa Airlines:
- Additional $10,000 new hire signing bonus or CFI course funding
- On-boarding program at Mesa Airlines headquarters
- Transition to First Officer position
Cadet Pipeline Qualifications:
- Interview at Mesa Airlines with current FAA Private Pilot license
- Earn FAA Commercial pilot license and Multi-Engine rating
First Officer Hiring Requirements
- FAA commercial pilot’s license with multi-engine and instrument ratings
- 50 hours of multi-engine fixed-wing flight time (may be reduced to 25)
- 200 hours cross-country flight time
- 250 hours fixed-wing PIC
- 100 hours of cross-country as PIC
- 100 hours of night flying
- 75 hours of instrument time (actual or simulated – 50 hours must be in airplanes)
- 25 hours of night PIC
- Must be at least 21 years of age and finish ATP written prior to start of New Hire Training
- Total flight time minimums:
- 1,500 hours
- 1,250 hours – with qualifying 2- or 4-year aviation university program with 30 aviation hours
- 1,000 hours – with qualifying 2- or 4-year aviation university program with 60 aviation hours
- 750 hours – military flight training graduates
Additionally, candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Current FAA first class medical certificate
- Current passport
- IFR Currency
- FCC Radio Operator’s Permit
- Ability to legally work in the United States
- Ability to travel in and out of the United States
United Airlines Career Path Program (CPP)
Mesa Airlines pilots in the United Airlines CPP secure United Airlines hiring consideration.
United CPP Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED at time of application; Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required before being hired by United Airlines
- Actively fly a minimum of one year with Mesa Airlines
- Earn minimum of 1,000 Pilot-in-Command hours or 3,000 total hours flying for Mesa Airlines
- Successful CPP interview with United Airlines
- Successfully complete United Airlines job fit assessment
- Allow United Airlines to access Mesa Airlines employment details
- Complete minimum of one Mesa Airlines initial qualification evaluation and one continuing qualification evaluation
- Successfully complete required United Airlines professional development process and job fit assessment
- Pass United Airlines drug screen and background check
- Receive hiring recommendation from United CPP Administrator and the United Airlines Pilot Selection Board
So, exactly how much can I earn as a Mesa pilot?
Here is a sampling of Mesa pilot hourly wages. Pilot pay changes based on various factors, such as type of plane, years of experience, etc. For instance, this is for the Boeing 737.
|Starting: $52/hr||Starting: $119/hr|
|Average: $107/hr||Average: $160/hr|
|Top: $135/hr||Top: $201/hr|
Homepage: Mesa Airlines
We have tried to provide the most accurate information regarding hiring requirements for commercial airlines. However, we also encourage you to contact the airline you’re interested in working for directly to verify employment requirements. Learn how much you can earn as a pilot, and learn exactly how to become a pilot. We wish you great success as an airline pilot and hope you land your dream job! Before you fill out that job application, you will need flight training. If you are interested in pursuing a flying career with Mesa Airlines and are interested in receiving your training at our flight school in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, please contact us today!