jetBlue Airways Careers
If you plan to apply for job openings at jetBlue Airways, you should first familiarize yourself with jetBlue’s hiring requirements and pay so you can maximize your airline career. Skills, experience, and hours logged impact wages for both captain and first officer positions, therefore it is wise to always compare entry level pilot salary to the average to get a better idea of the rewards and opportunities provided through jetBlue Airways careers. How much do pilots earn is usually the first question applicants ask, but these jobs offer benefits beyond the pay, which is why you need to research everything from hiring requirements to income to other perks of the job.
Type of airline: U.S. Passenger
Headquarters: Long Island City, New York
Hubs: Boston, Fort Lauderdale, Long Beach, New York-JFK, Orlando, and San Juan (Puerto Rico) with service to 101 destinations.
Origin: The company started in 1998.
Values: Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun
What are the hiring requirements for jetBlue Airways careers?
- 1500 hours total time in airplanes (including turbine helicopter, excluding flight simulator, Flight Engineer)
- 500 hours in fixed wing airplanes
- Recency of flight experience will be considered
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certification
- Current FAA Class 1 Medical Certificate
- Ability to obtain a Federal Communication Commission (FCC) Radio License
- Valid Passport with the ability to travel in and out of the United States
- Three reference letters from pilots who can personally attest to the candidate’s flying skills (must bring originals to interview)
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Diploma
So, exactly how much can I earn as a jetBlue pilot?
Here is a sampling of jetBlue pilot annual wages. Pilot pay changes based on various factors, such as type of plane, years of experience, etc. For instance, this is for the Airbus 320.
|Starting: $44,956||Starting: $131,148|
|Average: $84,940||Average: $157,419|
|Top: $124,924||Top: $183,691|
Homepage: jetBlue Airways
We have tried to provide the most accurate information here regarding hiring requirements for commercial airlines, we encourage you to contact the airline you’re interested in working for directly to verify employment requirements. Learn how much you can earn as a pilot, and learn exactly how to become a pilot. We wish you great success as an airline pilot and hope you land your dream job! Before you fill out that job application, you will need flight training. If you are interested in pursuing a flying career with jetBlue Airways and are interested in receiving your training at our flight school in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, please contact us today!