Role: Twin-engine regional airliner
First flight: June 27, 2000
Passenger seating: 44
Models: E140ER, E140LR
- Two Rolls-Royce AE3007 A turbofan engines
- A prime avionics suite from Honeywell Primus
- Cruising speed 870 km/h – 541 mph – 470kts
- The company is the third largest manufacturer of airplanes in the world.
- Envoy Air operates a majority of the ERJ 140 aircraft.
- Every passenger has either an aisle or window seat.
Pilots must earn their type rating in the Embraer E140 to be qualified to fly this aircraft. In most cases, the airline you fly for will get you type-rated.
Are you ready to learn to fly an Embraer ERJ140?
Have you always wanted to become a commercial pilot and fly for the airlines? We have trained thousands of commercial airline pilots who are now flying for airlines all around the world, and we can train you! The pilot life is full of camaraderie and adventure, and the pay is good, too. If you’d like to find out if you qualify for flight school, we’d love to hear from you and help you achieve your dream of becoming a pilot!