If you plan to apply for job openings at ExpressJet, you should first familiarize yourself with ExpressJet’s hiring requirements and pay so you can maximize your airline career. Skills, experience, and hours logged impact wages for both captain and first officer positions, therefore it is wise to always compare entry level pilot salary to the average to get a better idea of the rewards and opportunities provided through ExpressJet careers. How much do pilots earn is usually the first question applicants ask, but these jobs offer benefits beyond the pay, which is why you need to research everything from hiring requirements to income to other perks of the job.
Type of airline: U.S. Regional
Headquarters: College Park, Georgia
Hubs: Dallas/Fort Worth (as American Eagle); Chicago-O’Hare, Houston, and Newark (as United Express) with service to 194 destinations.
Origin: The company was founded in 1986 and began operating in 1987. It is a subsidiary of SkyWest, Inc.
- Putting safety first in everything we do
- Treating people with dignity and respect
- Operating with honesty, integrity and transparency in everything we do
- Working smart with commitment to continuous self-improvement
- Taking pride in making sure the job is done right
What are the hiring requirements for ExpressJet careers?
- Certificates/Ratings: CMEL with Instrument Rating
- ATP Written: Course and written provided by ExpressJet as part of paid training
- Flight Experience:
- Military: 750 hours
- R-ATP qualified: 1,000 or 1,250 hours (FAR 61.159 and 61.160, AC 61-139)
- Or 1,500 hours
- 25 hours ME fixed-wing
- Medical: Ability to hold FAA Class 1 Medical Certificate
- Age: At least 21 years of age
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Background Checks: DOT Background / criminal history / reference check / fingerprints/ National Drivers Record / No excessive check ride failures
So, exactly how much can I earn as an ExpressJet pilot?
Pilot pay changes based on various factors, such as type of plane, years of experience, etc. Pilot salaries at ExpressJet range from $19,000 per year for a new first officer up to $105,000. The average ExpressJet pilot salary is $48,796.
We have tried to provide the most accurate information regarding hiring requirements for commercial airlines. However, we also encourage you to contact the airline you’re interested in working for directly to verify employment requirements. Learn how much you can earn as a pilot, and learn exactly how to become a pilot. We wish you great success as an airline pilot and hope you land your dream job! Before you fill out that job application, you will need flight training. If you are interested in pursuing a flying career with ExpressJet and are interested in receiving your training at our flight school in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, please contact us today!