Hiring Requirements for FedEx Express
Type of airline: U.S. Cargo
Headquarters: Memphis, Tennessee
Hubs: Memphis, Tennessee is the main U.S. hub. Other U.S. hubs: Indianapolis International Airport, Fort Worth Alliance Airport, Miami International Airport, Newark Liberty International Airport, Oakland International Airport, Piedmont Triad International Airport, and Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport. Non-U.S. hubs include: Asia Pacific – Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport, Kansai International Airport, Incheon International Airport, Shanghai Pudong International Airport, and Singapore Changi Airport; Canada – Toronto Pearson International Airport; European – Charles de Gaulle Airport, Cologne Bonn Airport, and Malpensa Airport; and Dubai International Airport with more than 375 global destinations.
Origin: The company was founded in 1971 and began operating in 1973.
- Commercial Pilot Certificate with Multi-engine and Instrument rating without limitations
- ATP Certificate
- Must pass FAA mandated drug screen
- Must have 20/20 correctable vision
- Recency and type of experience is considered
- Meet requirements for and currently hold First Class Medical certification
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Eligibility for rapid visa issuance, issued by offices in the United States to fly to any FedEx destination
- Eligibility for issuance of US Security Clearance
- 1500 hours total fixed-wing time as pilot-in-command (PIC) or second-in-command in multi-engine turbo-prop A/C or jet A/C or combination thereof (GTOW 12,500). A minimum of 1000 hours total fixed-wing pilot-in-command in multi-engine turbo prop A/C or jet A/C or combination thereof (GTOW 12,500 or greater) is preferred. Note: PIC for this purpose is defined as Captain/Aircraft Commander of record, not simply the sole manipulator of the controls. Note: FedEx considers only pilot time in fixed wing aircraft toward minimum qualifications. This does not include simulator, helicopter, flight engineer, bombardier, navigator, RIO, EWO, WSO, NFO, or Special Crew
- All certificates and ratings required to be USA FAA issued
Although we have tried to provide the most useful and accurate information here regarding hiring requirements for commercial airlines, we encourage you to confirm these requirements for yourself.
Our flight school provides the training you need to get started for a career with FedEx Express. Wishing you a great career as a commercial airline pilot and hoping you land your dream job!