Spirit Airlines Careers
If you plan to apply for job openings at Spirit Airlines, you should first familiarize yourself with Spirit’s hiring requirements and pay so you can maximize your airline career. Skills, experience, and hours logged impact wages for both captain and first officer positions, therefore it is wise to always compare entry level pilot salary to the average to get a better idea of the rewards and opportunities provided through Spirit Airlines careers. How much do pilots earn is usually the first question applicants ask, but these jobs offer benefits beyond the pay, which is why you need to research everything from hiring requirements to income to other perks of the job.
Type of airline: U.S. Passenger
Headquarters: Miramar, Florida
- Atlantic City
- Dallas-Fort Worth
- Fort Lauderdale
- Las Vegas
- Service to 60 destinations
Origin: The company started in 1980 as Charter One.
Values: “Committed to offering the lowest total price to the places we fly”
What are the hiring requirements for Spirit Airlines careers?
- 3,000 hours total time in fixed wing aircraft
- 1,000 hours in multi-engine aircraft
- Current FAA First Class Medical Certificate
- Current Unrestricted Airline Transport Pilot License
- FCC Radio Telephone Operator Permit
- Valid passport/documents with the ability to travel in and out of the USA and all cities/countries served by Spirit Airlines now and in the future
- Can legally work in the United States
- 4,000 hours total time in fixed wing aircraft
- 1,500 hours in multi-engine, turboprop or jet aircraft
- A320 Type Rating
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Experience in 121 airlines or turbojet aircraft
- Experience in aircraft equipped with EFIS and/or FMS
- Instructor/Check Airman experience
So, exactly how much can I earn as a Spirit pilot?
|Starting: $59/hr||Starting: $189/hr|
|Average: $139/hr||Average: $216/hr|
|Top: $167/hr||Top: $252/hr|
Homepage: Spirit Airlines
We have tried to provide the most accurate information here regarding hiring requirements for commercial airlines, we encourage you to contact the airline you’re interested in working for directly to verify employment requirements. Learn how much you can earn as a pilot, and learn exactly how to become a pilot. We wish you great success as an airline pilot and hope you land your dream job! Before you fill out that job application, you will need flight training. If you are interested in pursuing a flying career with Spirit Airlines and are interested in receiving your training at our flight school in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, please contact us today!
Airlines! If you have an update for your hiring requirements, please submit them to us! Thank you for helping us keep your information current!