American Airlines Careers
If you plan to apply for job openings at American Airlines, you should first familiarize yourself with American’s hiring requirements and pay so you can maximize your airline career. Skills, experience, and hours logged impact wages for both captain and first officer positions, therefore it is wise to always compare entry level pilot salary to the average to get a better idea of the rewards and opportunities provided through American Airlines careers. How much do pilots earn is usually the first question applicants ask, but these jobs offer benefits beyond the pay, which is why you need to research everything from hiring requirements to income to other perks of the job.
Type of airline: U.S. Passenger
Headquarters: Fort Worth, Texas
- Dallas/Fort Worth
- Los Angeles
- New York-JFK
- New York -LaGuardia
- Washington D.C.-Ronald Reagan
- Service to 350 destinations
Origin: The company started in 1930 by merging 80 small airlines.
Values: Integrity, honesty, and the absolute dedication to act responsibly.
What are the hiring requirements for American Airlines careers?
- Excellent communication skills and quick and accurate decision-making skills
- Close attention to detail
- Minimum age of 23
- Ability to work varying hours of the day or night, on weekends and holidays
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or Customs security badges
- Completed FAA criminal background checks
- Ability to learn and work with PEDs
- Distance vision corrected to 20/20 and near vision corrected to 20/40 or better in each eye
- Current Unrestricted Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) rating (multi-engine)
- Valid FCC Restricted Radio Telephone Operator permit
- Valid First Class Medical Certificate
- Flight time in accordance with all FAA requirements
- Be able to fluently speak and understand English
- Must have the right to work in the United States
- Must have a valid passport and documentation allowing for entry into the United States after an international flight
So, exactly how much can I earn as an American Airlines pilot?
Here is a sampling of American Airlines pilot hourly wages. Pilot pay changes based on various factors, such as type of plane, years of experience, etc. For example, these salaries are based on flying the Boeing 777 or 787.
|Starting: $90/hr||Starting: $314/hr|
|Average: $213/hr||Average: $327/hr|
|Top: $234/hr||Top: $342/hr|
Homepage: American Airlines
We have tried to provide the most accurate information here regarding hiring requirements for commercial airlines, we encourage you to contact the airline you’re interested in working for directly to verify employment requirements. Learn how much you can earn as a pilot, and learn exactly how to become a pilot. We wish you great success as an airline pilot and hope you land your dream job! Before you fill out that job application, you will need flight training. If you are interested in pursuing a flying career with American Airlines and are interested in receiving your training at our flight school in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, please contact us today!
Airlines! If you have an update for your hiring requirements, please submit them to us! Thank you for helping us keep your information current!