Hiring Requirements for Air Canada
Type of airline: International Passenger
Headquarters: Montréal, Quebec
Hubs: Calgary International Airport, Montréal–Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport, Toronto Pearson International Airport, and Vancouver International Airport; focus cities are Halifax Stanfield International Airport and Ottawa Macdonald–Cartier International Airport. Air Canada files to 350 destinations.
Origin: The company was founded in 1937 as Trans-Canada Air Lines and began operating as Air Canada in 1965.
- Safety First and Last – 100% All the time.
- Make every Customer feel Valued – With our words. With our actions. With our products and services.
- Working Together – With Colleagues, Customers and Community.
- Act with Integrity – We are accountable. We foster an environment of trust. We communicate openly and in a timely manner.
- All Employees are Valued – We respect. We listen. We act.
- Drive for Excellence – Personally. Corporately. Ever reaching for the next level of innovation, quality of service.
- 2000 hours of fixed wing flying time
- Completion of schooling to the university entrance level
- Ability to pass the Air Canada and Transport Canada medical and visual acuity requirements for a Category 1 medical certificate
- Canadian Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL), current Group 1 (Multi-engine) Instrument Rating
- Canadian citizenship or landed immigrant status
Pilot applications far exceed job vacancies, so preference is given to candidates with qualifications beyond the basic requirements. Examples of desirable additional qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Graduates of a three or four year diploma/degree program from a college or university
- Aviation College degree or diploma
- Commercial or military flight experience
- Jet and/or glass cockpit experience
Homepage: Air Canada
Although we have tried to provide the most useful and accurate information here regarding hiring requirements for commercial airlines, we encourage you to confirm these requirements for yourself.
Our flight school provides the training you need to get started for a career with Air Canada. Wishing you a great career as a commercial airline pilot and hoping you land your dream job!