Epic Flight Academy is a top-rated international Cessna Service Center operating one of the largest flight training networks in the world. Our flight academy is strategically located in sunny New Smyrna Beach, Florida, USA which allows our students to fly year round with the best weather and airspace for flight training. Epic Flight Academy has been training pilots since 1999 from over 70 different countries with a focus on international flight training courses and aviation specific English preparation. Our students can truly become world-wide qualified at our flight academy with our renowned FAA Professional Pilot Course and Dual FAA – EASA Professional European Pilot Course. We pride ourselves in having the ability to create custom courses for any level of experience and in accordance with training requirements for any aviation authority in any country. Epic Flight Academy has truly stood above the rest, focusing 100% on quality, safety, and time to produce superior graduates for the industry of aviation. Top Florida Flight Academy – New Smyrna Beach We are a professional flight academy specializing in Airline Pilot Training that takes the student from zero experience to a Commercial Multi-Engine pilot. Classes conveniently begin monthly for our flight academy courses, including both FAA and EASA training with ATPL Theory. If you have previous flight experience come to our flight academy for Individual Courses that allow students to complete any FAA pilot course. Start an individual course at any time and complete at your own pace! Epic Flight Academy is providing premier training to student pilots, and was awarded Cessna’s “Flight Training Excellence for 2007″. Our flight academy is also an authorized Cessna Service Station, recognized for high quality in our maintenance. Our team of technicians receive factory training from Cessna and keep our fleet flying 24 hours a day. Our operation is 100% self-sustained with our own ground handling and fuel service backed by Shell Aviation Oil. We pride ourselves in being an aviation family here to guide our students in the right direction to achieve their career goals and provide them with top service and instruction. Join our Epic Aviation Family today and be a part of an elite group of graduates supporting airlines worldwide.
Steps to Enroll at Epic
7 easy enrollment steps and information about obtaining a student visa, our entire Admissions Team at your service, and arriving to Epic to begin class.
Monthly Class Start Dates
Choose your class start date today and let us get you in a plane flying through the clouds!
Why Choose Epic?
The best weather for flying, new generation fleet, accelerated courses taught by unforgettable instructors, and so much more.
Do You Have What it Takes to Become a Pilot?
See what it takes to become a pilot at Epic Flight Academy.
View our campus, students, and Academy inaction.
What are you waiting for?
Let’s get you flying!
How Do I Enroll at Epic NOW? New Smyrna Flight Tour
Watch as our Chief Admissions Officer, Tim Loomis, details Epic Flight Academy’s requirements to enroll in our flight courses for both domestic and international students.
Enjoy the beautiful flight tour of our campus location at New Smyrna Beach, Florida
G-1000 Cessna 172 Fleet
Epic student’s first night flight! Check out the G-1000 glass cockpit in action. At Epic all of our Cessna 172 aircraft are equipped with the G-1000 so that you are learning on more advanced systems.
This better prepares you for an airline jet cockpit.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question:Q: Is food included in the total package?
Question:Q: What else is needed for me to bring to Epic Flight Academy?
We also require each student to have a laptop computer. This can be bought prior to arrival or you can purchase one, once you arrive. Most students are purchasing theirs from Best Buy. Prices range from $600 to $1200.
Also students may wish to purchase a prepaid cellular phone once they arrive in the United States. These range from $20 $100 for the phone, with a monthly fee of $30 – $50. When you bring electrical items please keep in mind the US configuration is 110 volt 60 Hz….we do not use the pin outlet, so you may wish to by an outlet converter.
Question:Q: What is the temperature in Florida?
Question:Q: Are the apartments fully furnished?
Question:Q: How is Epic Flight Academy’s safety record?
Question:Q: What is the advantage to flight training at Epic Flight Academy?
This program is start to finish …from zero time to graduation of your commercial single and multi-engine instrument pilot’s license. We make available: Housing, Transportation, Books, FAA Medical, Charts, FAA Written Exams, FAA Check rides, Knee boards, Aviation Headsets, and more. We have taken the guess work out of flight training; this program is designed for the aspiring professional pilot in mind.
Epic Aviation will never have more than four (4) students assigned to one instructor. We want you to excel and graduate, and get on with your career. With 40 aircraft on our ramp, 30 flight instructors and a great Epic support team, our goal is to make your dream a reality.
Question:Q: Is there an age limit for obtaining a private pilot rating? (What about max age?)
Question:Q: What written tests and flight tests are required to obtain my private pilot rating?
Question:Q: What exams are required to get my private pilot rating (and where do I take them)?
Question:Q: What is a medical certificate?
Question:Q: Are there any medical restrictions to prevent me from becoming a pilot?
Question:Q: What is the difference between a Part 141 school and Part 61?
Question:Q: What is the difference between a Cessna Pilot Center (CPC) and a flight school?
Question:Q: What is a Discovery Flight?
Question:Q: How do I learn to fly an aircraft that has a glass cockpit?
Question:How and where can I get a student pilot certificate?
Question:For how long is a student pilot certificate valid?
Question:What are the vision, hearing, and general medical health requirements that must be met in order to be a pilot?
Question:How much does it cost to learn to fly and get a pilot certificate?
Question:How long does it take to learn to fly and get a pilot certificate?
Question:What are the differences between a Part 61 and a Part 141 flight school?
Question:Is there a source of loans, scholarships, or other financial resources that can help support my flight training?
Question:As a student pilot, what is the best aircraft to rent or purchase for completing my flight training and building flight time?
Question:Some flight schools have aircraft with “glass cockpits” and others do not. Are there any advantages of training in either aircraft?
Question:How old do I have to be before I can start taking flying lessons?
Question:How old is too old to begin flying lessons?
Question:I heard that some Transportation Security Administration (TSA) requirements must be fulfilled before I can receive flight training. How will these requirements affect me?
Question:Q: What is M-1 visa?
Question:Q: How do I qualify for M-1 visa?
- Prove your intention to enter into the U.S. temporarily
- Attend an approved vocational study program
- Engage in a full course of study
Question:Q:What privileges do I enjoy on M-1 visa?
- Enter the U.S. as a full time vocational or non-academic student
- Transfer from one school to another
- Travel in and out of the U.S. for short periods of time
- Apply for M-2 visas for dependents accompanying you to the U.S.
Question:Q: What are the limitations of M-1 student visa?
- Transfer from one school to another only with the permission of the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
- Never be permitted to change your course of study
- Take dependents to stay with you in the U.S. but they may not work
Note: Once you are six months into the program of studies, you are prohibited from changing your course of study except under truly exceptional circumstances.
Question:Q: Can I work on M-1 visa?
Question:Q: How long can I stay in the U.S. on a M-1 visa?
Question:Q: Can I apply for extension of stay on M-1 visa?
Question:Q: How do I extend my stay on M-1 visa?
- Complete Form I-539, Application to Extend or Change Non-immigrant Status, and send it to USCIS at least 15 (but not more than 60) days before your authorized stay in the U.S. expires
- Submit your Form I-20I-D to the USCIS at the same time
Question:Q: Are there any travel restrictions on M-1 visa?
- Valid passport • Valid M-1 entry visa stamped in the passport (if necessary)
- Current Form I-20I-D signed by your designated school official. You should have the Designated School Official sign your Form I-20I-D each time you wish to temporarily travel outside the U.S.
- New Form I-20M-N, Certificate of Eligibility for Non-immigrant M-1 Student Status, if there have been substantive changes in your course of study or place of study
- Proof of your financial support
Question:Q: How do I apply for M-1 visa?
- A valid passport and any previous passports you have held which are still in your possession
- Fully completed and signed application Form DS-156 and Form DS-158
- Recent passport-size photographs of you taken on a plain white background. Face must be thumb size, full face, without glasses or head covering
- A police certificate issued within the last year if you are 14 years or older
- Original Form I-20M-N issued by the school you will attend, 901 form and acceptance letters
- Electronic verification received at the Embassy from your school that you have been accepted for enrolment
- Evidence of sufficient funds
Note: All male students between 16-45 years must also complete Form DS-157 Supplemental Non-immigrant Visa Application.
Question:Q: Can I enter the U.S. on my M-1 visa before school begins?
Question:Q: What is the eligibility to transfer schools on M-1 visa?
- Currently be a full-time student • Intend to be a full-time student at the new school
- Prove that you have the financial resources required for your education and stay in the U.S.
- Maintain the same educational objective in the new school
Note: You may only transfer to another school within the first six months from the date you were admitted to the U.S. to begin your studies or from the date you changed your non-immigrant status to become an M-1 student.
Question:Q: How do I apply for USCIS permission to transfer schools?
- File Form I-539, Application to Extend or Change Non-immigrant Status, with the USCIS
- Submit your current Form I-20I-D, Certificate of Eligibility for Non-immigrant M-1 Student Status
- Submit a complete Form I-20M-N from your new school
- Submit Form I-94, Arrival-Departure documents, of your spouse and children (if applicable)
Note: You may transfer to another school sixty days after filing this application. However, if your application is denied after you transfer, you will be considered to be out of status. This means you may be required to leave the country.
Question:Q: What duties must I fulfill to remain in good M-1 status?
- Pass your course work every semester
- Pay tuition fees on time
- Maintain an international address to which you intend to depart upon completion of studies
- Always maintain the same educational objectives
Question:Q: Can I bring my dependents on M-1 visa?
Question:Q: What is the procedure to bring my dependents on M-2 visa?
- Visit the U.S. embassy or consulate with you when you apply for your M-1 student visa
- Be prepared to prove their relationship with you
- Provide the U.S. embassy staff with a copy of your Form I-20I-D and proof of their relationship with you if they plan to follow you at a later date
Question:Q: Can my dependents work on M-2 visa?
Question:Q: Can my dependents study on M-2 visa?
Note: Your M-2 spouse and child may engage in study that is vocational or recreational in nature.
Question:Q: Can I take a holiday in the U.S. on M-1 visa after I have completed my study program?
Question:Q: What should I do with the I-94/I-94W, Arrival-Departure document, from my last visit to the U.S.?
Question:Q: Do I need any vaccinations to be eligible for M-1 visa?
Question:Q: What is the difference between F-1 and M-1 Visa program?
Question:Q: How can I obtain a copy of the I-94/I-94W Arrival-Departure Document?
Question:Q: What can I do to expedite my application for M-1 visa?
Question:Q: Are services performed by foreign students and exchange visitors covered by Social Security?
Question:Q: What is the Alien Flight Student Program (AFSP)?
Question:Q: Who must participate in the Alien Flight Student Program?
- They wish to receive flight training in the U.S. or its territories, regardless of whether training will lead to an FAA certificate or type rating; and/or
- They wish to receive flight training from an FAA-certificated facility, provider, or instructor that could lead to an FAA rating whether in the U.S. or abroad.
Question:Q: What is the Alien Flight Student Program (AFSP) Process?
Flight Training Providers log onto the AFSP website to enter flight training requests for Candidates who qualify for Category 4 processing. In addition, Providers may log onto the AFSP website to validate category 1-3 flight training requests, upload a photograph of a Candidate taken on the first day of flight training, and indicate whether a Candidate’s training has been completed or not completed. Students in categories 1-3 must create their own AFSP accounts, through which they submit a training request. Each Candidate may only create one account and may not share the account with other Candidates. Providers and employers may not submit a training request for Candidates in categories 1-3. Failure to follow these account procedures will result in delay of the training request.
Question:Q: How does the Alien Flight Student Program (AFSP) communicate with Candidates and Flight Training Providers?
Question:Q: How do Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations relate to the Alien Flight Student Program (AFSP)?
Question:Q: What is the best way to find assistance with the AFSP process?
EASA & FAA Frozen ATPL
Since JAA is now EASA, we’ll be using the initials EASA from now on.
Question:Q: After completing Phase I training in the United States do I need to obtain a visa to flight train in England?