SWISS (Swiss International Air Lines) Careers
If you plan to apply for job openings at SWISS, you should first familiarize yourself with Swiss International Air Lines’ hiring requirements and pay so you can maximize your airline career. Skills, experience, and hours logged impact wages for both captain and first officer positions, therefore it is wise to always compare entry level pilot salary to the average to get a better idea of the rewards and opportunities provided through SWISS careers. How much do pilots earn is usually the first question applicants ask, but these jobs offer benefits beyond the pay, which is why you need to research everything from hiring requirements to income to other perks of the job.
Type of airline: Passenger
Headquarters: Basel, Switzerland
- Zurich Airport
- Service to 102 destinations
Origin: The company was founded in 2002.
- Corporate citizenship
- Ecological responsibility
- Social responsibility
What are the hiring requirements for SWISS careers?
- Swiss, EFTA or EU national (EU 27 countries without any restrictions/Croatia only with a Swiss residence permit C)
- A minimum of 3 years’ basic vocational training (apprenticeship), “(Berufs)Matura” (General/subject-linked university entrance qualification) or “Abitur” (qualified for university matriculation)
- German (C1) and English skills (ICAO English Language Proficiency Level 4 or above)
- EASA ATPL(A) or CPL(A) IR with ATPL theory and MCC certificate or MPL(A) with completed training and without operator binding
- Valid EASA Class 1 Medical, which must also be valid at start of employment
- Unblemished background check
We have tried to provide the most accurate information regarding hiring requirements for commercial airlines. However, we also encourage you to contact the airline you’re interested in working for directly to verify employment requirements. Learn how much you can earn as a pilot, and learn exactly how to become a pilot. We wish you great success as an airline pilot, and we hope you land your dream job! Before you fill out that job application, you will need flight training. If you are interested in pursuing a flying career with SWISS and are interested in receiving your training at our flight school in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, please contact us today!
Airlines! If you have any updates for your hiring requirements, please submit them to us! Thank you for helping us keep your information current!