SkyWest Airlines Pilot Careers & Salary: A Comprehensive Guide
- Introduction – Exploring Job Opportunities at SkyWest Airlines: If you are considering applying for job openings at SkyWest Airlines, it’s essential to be well-informed about the company’s hiring prerequisites and compensation structure. This knowledge will allow you to strategically navigate your professional path within the airline industry.
- Navigating Salary Dynamics – Captain and First Officer Positions: A crucial aspect to understand is how skills, experience, and flight hours impact the wages for both captain and first officer positions at SkyWest Airlines. To make informed decisions about your career trajectory, it is wise to compare the entry-level pilot salary with the industry average. This comparative analysis provides insights into the potential rewards and growth opportunities offered by SkyWest Airlines careers.
- Unveiling Compensation Beyond Pay – The Comprehensive Package: Although the question of “How much do pilots earn?” is frequently at the forefront of applicants’ minds, it’s equally important to recognize that these roles come with benefits extending beyond monetary compensation. Prospective candidates should delve into comprehensive research, examining not only hiring requirements and income but also the additional perks and advantages of working for SkyWest Airlines.
- Maximizing Your Airline Career – A Strategic Approach: In order to maximize your success in pursuing a career at SkyWest Airlines, adopting a strategic approach is important. This involves not only meeting the basic hiring requirements and understanding salary structures but also grasping the broader spectrum of opportunities and benefits that the airline offers. By delving into the details, you position yourself to make well-informed decisions that can positively impact your long-term professional trajectory within the airline industry.
SkyWest Airlines Hiring Requirements Overview
Type of airline: U.S. Passenger
Headquarters: St. George, Utah
As American Eagle:
- Dallas-Fort Worth
- Los Angeles
- Phoenix-Sky Harbor
As Alaska SkyWest:
- Dallas-Love Field
- San Diego
- San Francisco
As Delta Connection:
- Los Angeles
- Minneapolis-St. Paul
- Salt Lake City
As United Express:
- Houston-George Bush
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
Service to 233 destinations
Origin: The company started in 1972.
- Operational Reliability
- Fairness and Consistency
- Respect and Teamwork
- Personal and Corporate Integrity
- Superior Profitability
- Efficient Use of All Resources
What are the hiring requirements for SkyWest Airlines careers?
- Possess a current first-class medical
- Hold an FCC radio license
- Have a current passport
- Be a U.S. citizen or right to work in the U.S.
- Have English Proficiency Endorsement
- Hold a Commercial License
- Be at least instrument current
- Be willing to rescind seniority with current carrier if applicable
- ATP Certificate Holders (1,500 hours) must be 23 years old, 500 hours of cross country, 100 hours of night, 75 hours of instrument, and 25 hours of actual multi-engine
- Restricted ATP Holders (1,500 hours) must be 21 years old, 200 hours of cross country, 100 hours of night, 75 hours of instrument, and 25 hours of actual multi-engine
- Also, Restricted ATP Holders (1,250 hours) must be 21 years old, 30 semester credit hours of aviation-related coursework and transcripts, associate degree from approved institution and proof of completion, 200 hours of cross country, 100 hours of night, 75 hours of instrument, 25 hours of actual multi-engine, instrument commercial rating earned under Part 141 at approved institution
- Restricted ATP Holders (1,000 hours) must be 21 years old, 60 semester credit hours of aviation related coursework and transcripts, bachelor’s degree from approved institution and proof of completion, 200 hours of cross country, 100 hours of night, 75 hours of instrument, instrument commercial rating earned under Part 141 at an approved institution
- Restricted ATP Holders (750 hours) must be military pilot with DD-214 Honorable Discharge or record of current service
So, exactly how much can I earn as a SkyWest pilot?
Here is a sampling of SkyWest pilot hourly wages. Pilot pay changes based on various factors, such as type of plane, years of experience, etc. For instance, this is for the CRJ900.
|Starting: $46/hr||Starting: $81/hr|
|Average: $58/hr||Average: $105/hr|
|Top: $62/hr||Top: $128/hr|
Homepage: SkyWest Airlines
We have tried to provide the most accurate information regarding hiring requirements for commercial airlines. However, we also encourage you to contact the airline you’re interested in working for directly to verify employment requirements. Learn how much you can earn as a pilot, and learn exactly how to become a pilot. We wish you great success as an airline pilot and hope you land your dream job! Before you fill out that job application, you will need flight training. If you are interested in pursuing a flying career with SkyWest Airlines and are interested in receiving your training at our flight school in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, please contact us today!
Airlines! If you have an update for your hiring requirements, please submit them to us! Thank you for helping us keep your information current!