SkyWest Airlines Careers
If you plan to apply for job openings at SkyWest Airlines, you should first familiarize yourself with SkyWest’s hiring requirements and pay so you can maximize your airline career. Skills, experience, and hours logged impact wages for both captain and first officer positions, therefore it is wise to always compare entry level pilot salary to the average to get a better idea of the rewards and opportunities provided through SkyWest Airlines careers. How much do pilots earn is usually the first question applicants ask, but these jobs offer benefits beyond the pay, which is why you need to research everything from hiring requirements to income to other perks of the job.
Type of airline: U.S. Passenger
Headquarters: St. George, Utah
Hubs: As American Eagle: Chicago-O’Hare, Dallas/Fort Worth International, Los Angeles, Phoenix Sky Harbor; as Alaska SkyWest: Dallas-Love, Portland (Oregon), San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle/Tacoma; as Delta Connection: Atlanta, Cincinnati, Detroit, Los Angeles, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Salt Lake City, Seattle/Tacoma; and as United Express: Chicago-O’Hare, Denver, Houston-George Bush Intercontinental, Los Angeles, and San Francisco with service to 233 destinations.
Origin: The company started in 1972.
- Operational Reliability
- Fairness and Consistency
- Respect and Teamwork
- Personal and Corporate Integrity
- Superior Profitability
- Efficient Use of All Resources
What are the hiring requirements for SkyWest Airlines careers?
- Possess a current first-class medical
- Hold an FCC radio license
- Have a current passport
- Be a U.S. citizen or right to work in the U.S.
- Have English Proficiency Endorsement
- Hold a Commercial License
- Be at least instrument current
- Be willing to rescind seniority with current carrier if applicable
- ATP Certificate Holders (1,500 hours) must be 23 years old, 500 hours of cross country, 100 hours of night, 75 hours of instrument, and 25 hours of actual multi-engine
- Restricted ATP Holders (1,500 hours) must be 21 years old, 200 hours of cross country, 100 hours of night, 75 hours of instrument, and 25 hours of actual multi-engine
- Also, Restricted ATP Holders (1,250 hours) must be 21 years old, 30 semester credit hours of aviation-related coursework and transcripts, associate degree from approved institution and proof of completion, 200 hours of cross country, 100 hours of night, 75 hours of instrument, 25 hours of actual multi-engine, instrument commercial rating earned under Part 141 at approved institution
- Restricted ATP Holders (1,000 hours) must be 21 years old, 60 semester credit hours of aviation related coursework and transcripts, bachelor’s degree from approved institution and proof of completion, 200 hours of cross country, 100 hours of night, 75 hours of instrument, instrument commercial rating earned under Part 141 at an approved institution
- Restricted ATP Holders (750 hours) must be military pilot with DD-214 Honorable Discharge or record of current service
So, exactly how much can I earn as a SkyWest pilot?
Here is a sampling of SkyWest pilot hourly wages. Pilot pay changes based on various factors, such as type of plane, years of experience, etc. For instance, this is for the CRJ900.
|Starting: $46/hr||Starting: $81/hr|
|Average: $58/hr||Average: $105/hr|
|Top: $62/hr||Top: $128/hr|
Homepage: SkyWest Airlines
We have tried to provide the most accurate information regarding hiring requirements for commercial airlines. However, we also encourage you to contact the airline you’re interested in working for directly to verify employment requirements. Learn how much you can earn as a pilot, and learn exactly how to become a pilot. We wish you great success as an airline pilot and hope you land your dream job! Before you fill out that job application, you will need flight training. If you are interested in pursuing a flying career with SkyWest Airlines and are interested in receiving your training at our flight school in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, please contact us today!
Airlines! If you have an update for your hiring requirements, please submit them to us! Thank you for helping us keep your information current!