Frontier Airlines Careers
If you plan to apply for job openings at Frontier Airlines, you should first familiarize yourself with Frontier’s hiring requirements and pay so you can maximize your airline career. Skills, experience, and hours logged impact wages for both captain and first officer positions, therefore it is wise to always compare entry level pilot salary to the average to get a better idea of the rewards and opportunities provided through Frontier Airlines careers. How much do pilots earn is usually the first question applicants ask, but these jobs offer benefits beyond the pay, which is why you need to research everything from hiring requirements to income to other perks of the job.
Type of airline: U.S. Passenger
Headquarters: Denver, Colorado
Hub: Denver with focus cities: Austin, Atlanta, Chicago-O’Hare, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Las Vegas, Miami, Orlando, Philadelphia, and Trenton with service to 70 destinations.
Origin: The company started in 1994.
Values: Committed to providing safe, on-time, and reliable service
What are the hiring requirements for Frontier Airlines careers?
- 2500 hours total time
- 750 hours multi-engine fixed wing*¹
- 500 hours pilot in command (PIC)*²
- 500 hours jet/turbo-prop
Note: Frontier considers only hours in fixed wing/rotary aircraft as flight time towards minimum qualifications. Hours logged in flight simulators, or as flight engineer, bombardier, navigator, WSO, EWO, RIO, NFO, UAV, or Special Crew will not be considered as flight time for these purposes.Military time conversion applicable (conversion factor of .3 or 18 minutes per sortie)
*¹ 750 hours single engine military fighter aircraft will be considered.
*² PIC for this purpose is defined as Captain/Aircraft Commander of record, not simply the sole manipulator of the controls.
- Current FAA Class 1 Medical Certificate
- Vision corrected to 20/20
- ATP Certificate
- FCC Restricted Radio Operator’s Permit
- Valid Passport, with machine readable print, and the ability to travel in and out of the United States
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Able to travel in and out of the U.S. to all cities/countries served by Frontier Airlines, Inc.
- Can relocate
- Ability and willingness to work weekends, nights, holidays and overnight trips
- Ability and desire to maintain a well groomed and professional appearance
- Able to pass pre-employment drug testing and background checks
- Experience with sophisticated aircraft equipment including Electronic Flight Instrument Systems (EFIS) and Flight Management Systems (FMS) preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess excellent communication skills to include ability to speak, read and write English.
- Ability to problem-solve and react positively to difficult situations.
So, exactly how much can I earn as a Frontier pilot?
Here is a sampling of Frontier pilot hourly wages. Pilot pay changes based on various factors, such as type of plane, years of experience, etc. For instance, this is for the Airbus 320.
|Starting: $58/hr||Starting: $184/hr|
|Average: $135/hr||Average: $210/hr|
|Top: $162/hr||Top: $245/hr|
Homepage: Fly Frontier
Frontier Careers: Overview
We have tried to provide the most accurate information regarding hiring requirements for commercial airlines. However, we also encourage you to contact the airline you’re interested in working for directly to verify employment requirements. Learn how much you can earn as a pilot, and learn exactly how to become a pilot. We wish you great success as an airline pilot and hope you land your dream job! Before you fill out that job application, you will need flight training. If you are interested in pursuing a flying career with Frontier Airlines and are interested in receiving your training at our flight school in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, please contact us today!