British Airways Careers
If you plan to apply for job openings at British Airways, you should first familiarize yourself with British Airways’ hiring requirements and pay so you can maximize your airline career. Skills, experience, and hours logged impact wages for both captain and first officer positions, therefore it is wise to always compare entry level pilot salary to the average to get a better idea of the rewards and opportunities provided through British Airways careers. How much do pilots earn is usually the first question applicants ask, but these jobs offer benefits beyond the pay, which is why you need to research everything from hiring requirements to income to other perks of the job.
Type of airline: International Passenger
Headquarters: Waterside, Harmondsworth, United Kingdom
Hubs: Gatwick Airport (London) and Heathrow Airport (London) with 180+ destinations to more than 70 countries
Origin: The company was founded in 1974.
Values: At the core of our brand lies ‘To Fly. To Serve.’
What are the hiring requirements for British Airways careers?
Position – Captain:
- Currently operating as Captain
- UK EASA Licence (or converted by start date)
- Current MPA rating on an aircraft in excess of 20 tonnes MTOM
- Valid ME Instrument Rating
- Valid Class 1 Medical Certificate
- Minimum 4000 hours total to include 1500 hours as PIC of a commercial jet/turbo prop multi crew aircraft with a take-off weight of 20 tonnes or greater. The 1500 hours will not include any PICUS hours.
- Minimum ICAO Level 4
- E Jet type rating is desirable but not essential
- Highly flexible, demonstrates a positive approach
- Well-presented and friendly
- Have strong decision-making skills to ensure a satisfactory and enjoyable experience for our highly valued customers
Homepage: British Airways
British Airways Careers: Overview
We have tried to provide the most accurate information regarding hiring requirements for commercial airlines. However, we also encourage you to contact the airline you’re interested in working for directly to verify employment requirements Learn how much you can earn as a pilot, and learn exactly how to become a pilot. We wish you great success as an airline pilot and hope you land your dream job! Before you fill out that job application, you will need flight training. If you are interested in pursuing a flying career with British Airways and are interested in receiving your training at our flight school in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, please contact us today!