What is the difference between Part 141 and Part 61 of the FAA Regulations?

FAQ » , , » What is the difference between Part 141 and Part 61 of the FAA Regulations?

Flight Training Under FAA Part 61 and Part 141 Regulations

Be mindful when choosing where to complete your flight training. It’s important to understand the difference between FAA Part 61 and Part 141 regulations.

  • Part 61 Regulations: This means any FAA-approved flight instructor can train a student pilot. The instructor can be part of a flight school or working independently.
  • Part 141 Regulations: Under Part 141, the flight instructor must be employed at an FAA-approved school, such as Epic Flight Academy.

Whether training under Part 61 or Part 141, all flight students must pass the same FAA tests to earn pilot certificates and ratings.

Why choose to flight train at Epic Flight Academy?

Our structured and comprehensive flight training falls under FAA Part 141 rules and regulations. We provide the highest quality of flight instruction. In fact, many of our instructors completed their flight training here at Epic. This is why we are so confident in hiring them to work for us. Our commitment to safety and excellence is reflected in the caliber of our flight instructors, our fleet of new aircraft, and our adherence to all FAA standards.

Epic Flight Academy Part 141 Flight School
Epic Flight Academy is a Part 141 flight school. We have trained thousands of commercial airline pilots since 1999.


Return to Frequently Asked Questions


Still have questions?

Register and then post in our forum for help

Epic Chat Close