We understand that students may have financial difficulties from time to time. Therefore, we do have steps in place should your account go into a negative status.
1. If a student becomes negative for the 1st time and does not put money on account:
- Student is grounded for a maximum of 3 days and will then proceed to Step 2.
- Student is taken from the current Instructor list and added to the Course Manager’s student list; a 1-hour ground will be added to the student’s schedule with the Course Manager.
- When the student puts money on account and it becomes positive:
- Student will become active again. If they are negative again, student will go to Step 2.
2. After the 3-day period, if the student is still negative or becomes negative again:
- Student becomes grounded and unable to train without Course Manager permission.
- The student will be scheduled with the Course Manager for an hour ground the following day. If the student deposits money and becomes positive, they will be ungrounded and able to train again, and the ground will be cancelled per the discretion of the Course Manager.
- If a student is unable/does not deposit money during this ground, the student will be charged a $75 No-Show fee.
- If the student cannot add money into the account, they will continue to Step 3. If the student deposits money on Step 2 and then becomes negative again, he/she will continue to Step 3.
3. If the student does not put money on account after the grounding or becomes negative for a 3rd time, the student will be put on academic probation.
- The student will be scheduled for another 1-hour ground with the Course Manager and will adhere to the directions in Step 2. The student will also sign an agreement in this grounding that he/she is acknowledging that he/she will be on Academic Probation. If the student deposits money and becomes positive, he/she does not move onto Step 4 unless a negative status occurs again. Students whose accounts do not become positive will continue to Step 4 immediately.
4. If the student is negative again or still has not put money on account, the student will be on pending suspension.
- A meeting will be scheduled with the Chief Flight Instructor where the student will be notified of the pending suspension. The student will sign the agreement and will give the Chief Flight Instructor his/her parents’ contact information to inform them of the student’s status at Epic.
- At this point, the student is required to put a minimum of $5,000 or the equivalent to finish their course before they can become active again.
- If the student cannot put this minimum down on the account, he/she will be sent home for 90 days before returning to training again.
- If the student deposits the minimum required to begin training again, he/she will begin Step 5 if the student’s account goes negative again.
5. If the student is negative for the 5th time, there is no meeting. The student will be sent home for 90 days and must put $10,000 or equivalent to completion of their course before returning.