What are the different types of pilot licenses?

FAQ » » What are the different types of pilot licenses?

Everyone begins as a student pilot with the goal of earning Private Pilot’s License (PPL). Next they earn their Instrument Rating (IR). The Commercial Pilot License (CPL) allows them to be paid while flying. You can earn both single-engine and multi-engine ratings. Becoming a Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) or Certified Flight Instrument Instructor (CFII) allows you to teach others how to fly. The Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL) allows you to fly for the commercial airlines when you have acquired minimum flight hour requirements. You can read more details about these licenses and ratings to learn which is best for you. The majority of our students become ATPs and fly for the airlines.


Return to Frequently Asked Questions


Still have questions?

Register and then post in our forum for help

Epic Chat Close