Save the date! Since 2016, Epic Flight Academy has been hosting an annual fishing tournament to support its annual aviation scholarship awards. In 2020, the theme is “Red Tails for Red Tails” – a nod to the Epic fleet’s distinctive red tails, and the world-famous redfish found in nearby Mosquito Lagoon. This is a catch-and-release tournament for the longest redfish! Limited to the first 50 boats to register! The cost to register is $150. Please register online by noon, Friday, Nov. 6, 2020. Or, if you prefer to send a check, please make payable to “Epic Aviation Scholarship Fishing Tournament” and mail to: Epic Flight Academy, Attn: Tanya Catalo, 600 Skyline Dr., New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168. Be sure to include 1) the name of the boat and 2) captain name and contact information. Please note: This tournament is limited to 50 boats, so register early!
- Pay entry fee before 12:00 noon, Friday, Nov. 6, 2020
- Pick up Captain Bag and measuring device from Epic’s Aircraft Mechanic training facility at 1919-B N. Dixie Freeway (across from airport) between 5:30 and 7:30 pm on Friday, Nov. 6 or after 12:00 noon, Saturday, Nov. 7, 2020.
- Start fishing anytime after you pick up measuring device.
- Take clear, legible picture of redfish including measuring device. We must be able to see the fish, length, and boat number all in one picture.
- Post photo on Epic Flight Academy’s Facebook page. Include boat number, angler name, and catch time.
- Return to Outriggers (by boat or car) between 2-4 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 7 to turn in bucket and measuring device.
NOTE: There is no limit to the number of anglers and/or rods per boat. Awards/trophies will be presented at 12:30 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 8th at Epic Flight Academy’s Aircraft Mechanic training facility at 1919- N. Dixie Freeway
Trophies & Guaranteed Payouts:
- 1st Prize: $1,000
- 2nd Prize: $500
- 3rd Prize: $250
- 12:00 noon/Friday – Register by noon Friday, Nov. 6th! Registration will be locked after noon.
- 5:30 p.m. /Friday, Nov. 6th – Pick up bucket at NSB Outfitters anytime after 5:30 p.m.
- 2-4:00 p.m./Saturday – Drop off bucket & measuring device between 2-4 p.m. at Outriggers
- 12:30 p.m./Sunday, Nov. 8 – Fishing trophies/awards presented at Epic’s mechanic training facility – 1919-B N. Dixie Freeway