Epic’s Annual Fishing Tournament to Support Aviation Scholarships
2020 Winners Announced
- Team Name: The Mini Monster
- Captain: Wyatt Rathbun
- Fish length: 45 1/4″
- Team Name: Wilbur Outfitters
- Captain: Frank Thompson
- Fish length: 42 3/4″
- Team Name: East Cape
- Captain: Joe Canestrari
- Fish length: 41 3/4″
Thanks to all who registered and participated in the support of Epic’s aviation scholarship program. We’ll see you again in 2021!
Saturday, November 7th, 2020
Save the date! Since 2016, Epic Flight Academy has been hosting an annual fishing tournament to support its annual aviation scholarship awards. In 2020, the theme is “Red Tails for Red Tails” – a nod to the Epic fleet’s distinctive red tails, and the world-famous redfish found in nearby Mosquito Lagoon. This is a catch-and-release tournament for the longest redfish! Limited to the first 50 boats to register!
This event supports the 5th Annual Epic Flight Academy Aviation Awards. We invite corporate sponsors to support this initiative and join us for a day of fishing! We attract top students and hope you can join us!
The cost to register is $150. Please register online by 12:00 noon, Friday, Nov. 6, 2020. Or, if you prefer to send a check, please make payable to “Epic Aviation Scholarship Fishing Tournament” and mail to: Epic Flight Academy, Attn: Tanya Catalo, 600 Skyline Dr., New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168. Be sure to include 1) the name of the boat and 2) captain name and contact information. Please note: This tournament is limited to 50 boats, so register early!
- Pay entry fee before 12:00 noon, Friday, Nov. 6, 2020
- Between 5:30 and 7:30 pm, Friday: Pick up Captain Bag and measuring device at our Aircraft Mechanic training facility at 1919-B N. Dixie Freeway, New Smyrna Beach (across from airport).
- Start fishing anytime after you pick up measuring device.
- Take clear, legible picture of redfish including measuring device. We must be able to see the fish, length, and boat number all in one picture.
- Post photo on Epic Flight Academy’s Facebook page. Include boat number, angler name, and catch time.
- Return to Outriggers (by boat or car) between 2-4 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 7 to turn in bucket and measuring device.
NOTE: There is no limit to the number of anglers and/or rods per boat. Awards/trophies will be presented at 12:30 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 8th at Epic Flight Academy’s Aircraft Mechanic training facility at 1919-B, N. Dixie Freeway.
Trophies & Guaranteed Payouts:
1st Prize: $1,000
2nd Prize: $500
3rd Prize: $250
12:00 midnight/Friday – Register by noon Friday, Nov. 6th! Registration will be locked after midnight.
5:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m./Friday, Nov. 5 – Pick up bucket at 1919-B N. Dixie Freeway, NSB
2-4 p.m./Saturday – Drop off bucket & measuring device between 2-4 p.m. at Outriggers
12:30 p.m./Sunday, Nov. 8 – Fishing trophies/awards presented at Aircraft Maintenance facility – 1919 N. Dixie Freeway