Role: Regional jet airliner
First flight: November 28, 2008
Primary airlines: Chengdu Airlines, Genghis Khan Airlines, Jiangxi Airlines, Myanmar Airways
Passenger seating: 78-90
Models: ARJ21, ARJ21F
- General Electric CF34-10A high-bypass turbofan engine
- Sophisticated spacious cabin
- An all new wing with a 25 degree sweepback
- ARJ21 is short for Advanced Regional Jet for the 21st Century.
- Chengdu Airlines was the the first to fly commercial routes with the ARJ21.
- The economic life of the ARJ21 is designed to be 60,000 flying hours or 20 calendar years.
- The maximum range for the ARJ21 is 3,700 kilometers (2,300 miles).
- The Comac C919 is scheduled to enter service in 2021 with China East Airlines.
- In Chinese, “9” is a homophonic pun with “forever”.
Pilots must earn their type rating in the Comac ARJ21 to be qualified to fly this aircraft. In most cases, the airline you fly for will get you type-rated.
Are you ready to learn to fly a Comac ARJ21?
Have you always wanted to become a commercial pilot and fly for the airlines? We have trained thousands of commercial airline pilots who are now flying for airlines all around the world, and we can train you! The pilot life is full of camaraderie and adventure, and the pay is good, too. If you’d like to find out if you qualify for flight school, we’d love to hear from you and help you achieve your dream of becoming a pilot!