Hiring Requirements for Spirit Airlines
Type of airline: U.S. Passenger
Headquarters: Miramar, Florida
Hubs: Atlantic City, Chicago-O’Hare, Dallas/Fort Worth, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Las Vegas with service to 60 destinations.
Origin: The company started in 1980 as Charter One.
“Committed to offering the lowest total price to the places we fly”
- 2,000 hours total time in fixed wing aircraft
- 1,000 hours in multi-engine aircraft
- Current FAA First Class Medical Certificate
- Current Unrestricted Airline Transport Pilot License
- FCC Radio Telephone Operator Permit
- Valid passport/documents with the ability to travel in and out of the USA and all cities/countries served by Spirit Airlines now and in the future
- Legal right to work in the United States.
- 3,000 hours total time in fixed wing aircraft
- 1,500 hours in multi-engine, turboprop or jet aircraft
- A320 Type Rating
- Undergraduate degree from an Accredited Four Year College or University
- Experience in 121 airlines or turbojet aircraft
- Experience in aircraft equipped with EFIS and/or FMS
- Instructor/Check Airman experience
Homepage: Spirit Airlines
Although we have tried to provide the most useful and accurate information here regarding hiring requirements for commercial airlines, we encourage you to confirm these requirements for yourself.
Our flight school provides the training you need to get started on your career with Spirit Airlines. Wishing you a great career as a commercial airline pilot and hoping you land your dream job!