Hiring Requirements for Envoy Air
Type of airline: U.S. Regional
Headquarters: Irving, Texas
Hubs: Dallas/Fort Worth, New York-LaGuardia, Miami, New York-JFK, and Chicago-O’Hare with service to 170 destinations.
Origin: The company started in 1984 as American Eagle Airlines and in 1988 was restarted by Simmons Airlines.
Our vision is to be the safest, most reliable, most successful regional airline in the world for our customers, employees and shareholders.
- FAA Commercial Pilot Certification with multi-engine and instrument ratings
- Total flight time minimums:
- 1,500 hours
- 1,250 hours – with qualifying 2- or 4-year aviation university program with 30 aviation hours
- 1,000 hours – with qualifying 2- or 4-year aviation university program with 60 aviation hours
- 750 hours – military flight training graduates
- 50 hours of multi-engine fixed-wing flight time (may be reduced to 25)
- 200 hours cross-country flight time
- 250 hours fixed-wing PIC
- 100 hours of cross-country as PIC
- 100 hours of night flying
- 75 hours of instrument time (actual or simulated – 50 hours must be in airplanes)
- 25 hours of night PIC
- Must be at least 21 years of age and finish ATP written prior to start of Envoy New Hire Training
Additionally, candidates must also have the following qualifications:
- Current FAA First Class Medical
- IFR Currency
- FCC License
- Ability to work in the U.S.
- Ability to travel into and out of the U.S. and to all cities/countries served by Envoy
- Ability to relocate
Homepage: Envoy Air
Although we have tried to provide the most useful and accurate information here regarding hiring requirements for commercial airlines, we encourage you to confirm these requirements for yourself.
Our flight school provides the training you need to get started for a career with Envoy Air. Wishing you a great career as a commercial airline pilot and hoping you land your dream job!