If you plan to apply for job openings at WestJet, you should first familiarize yourself with WestJet’s hiring requirements and pay so you can maximize your airline career. Skills, experience, and hours logged impact wages for both captain and first officer positions, therefore it is wise to always compare entry level pilot salary to the average to get a better idea of the rewards and opportunities provided through WestJet careers. How much do pilots earn is usually the first question applicants ask, but these jobs offer benefits beyond the pay, which is why you need to research everything from hiring requirements to income to other perks of the job.
Type of airline: Canadian Passenger
Headquarters: Calgary, Alberta – Canada
- Calgary (Alberta)
- Toronto (Ontario)
- Vancouver (British Columbia)
- Edmonton (Alberta)
- Halifax (Nova Scotia)
- Winnipeg (Manitoba)
Service to 109 destinations
Origin: The company started in 1996 and includes subsidiaries WestJet Encore, WestJet Link, and Swoop.
- Commitment to safety
- Positive and passionate in everything we do
- Appreciative of our People and Guests
- Fun, friendly and caring
- Align the interests of WestJetters with the interests of the company
- Honest, open and keep our commitments
What are the hiring requirements for WestJet careers?
Minimum qualifications required prior to offer of employment:
- 2000 hours total flight time
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Transport Canada Airline Transport Pilot’s license (ATPL)
- Valid Transport Canada instrument rating
- Valid Transport Canada Category 1 medical certificate
- Oral and written proficiency in English
- Valid Canadian passport
If passport is issued by a country other than Canada, the following documents are required:
- A valid Canadian Permanent Resident Card
- All individual visas necessary to operate within WestJet’s network
- Ability to obtain a Canadian Air Transportation Security Authority (CATSA) Restricted Area Identity card (RAIC). RAIC may be obtained during initial training, but must be valid no later than the completion of Initial Ground School
- Ability to operate into the United States
So, exactly how much can I earn as a WestJet pilot?
Here is a sampling of WestJet pilot annual wages. Pilot pay changes based on various factors, such as type of plane, years of experience, etc.
|Starting: $56/hr||Starting: $136/hr|
|Average: $92/hr||Average: $173/hr|
|Top: $128/hr||Top: $210/hr|
WestJet Careers: Overview
We have tried to provide the most accurate information regarding hiring requirements for commercial airlines. However, we also encourage you to contact the airline you’re interested in working for directly to verify employment requirements. Learn how much you can earn as a pilot, and learn exactly how to become a pilot. We wish you great success as an airline pilot and hope you land your dream job! Before you fill out that job application, you will need flight training. If you are interested in pursuing a flying career with WestJet and are interested in receiving your training at our flight school in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, please contact us today!
Airlines! If you have any updates for your hiring requirements, please submit them to us! Thank you for helping us keep your information current!