SAS Scandinavian Airlines Pilot Careers & Salary: A Comprehensive Guide
- Understanding SAS Scandinavian Airlines’ Hiring Criteria: When considering a career at SAS Scandinavian, it’s crucial to familiarize yourself with their specific hiring requirements. This information forms the bedrock for a successful application process. Potential candidates should understand the qualifications, experience, and other criteria SAS seeks.
- Evaluating Pilot Salaries at SAS Scandinavian Airlines: One of the foremost considerations for job seekers is understanding the salary structure. In the case of pilots at SAS Scandinavian Airlines, wages are determined by factors such as position (captain or first officer), experience level, and overall number of flight hours logged. It’s advisable to compare the entry-level pilot salary with industry averages to gain a clearer perspective on the financial benefits and prospects for advancement at SAS Scandinavian Airlines.
- Comprehensive Benefits of Working at SAS Scandinavian Airlines: While salary is frequently the primary focus, the advantages to working at SAS Scandinavian Airlines extend beyond just the financial aspect. Prospective employees should thoroughly research the range of benefits offered, which could include health benefits, travel privileges, retirement plans, and more. Appreciating the entire range of perks can enhance one’s understanding of the value of a career with SAS Scandinavian Airlines.
- Preparing for a Successful Career at SAS Scandinavian Airlines: To increase your opportunity for success in securing a position with SAS Scandinavian Airlines, thorough preparation and research are key. This entails taking a close look into not only the salary and benefits but also aligning your personal skills and professional experiences with the airline’s specific needs. A well-rounded preparation strategy will significantly boost your chances of success in the competitive aviation industry.
SAS Scandinavian Overview
Type of airline: Passenger
Headquarters: Soina, Stockholm, Sweden
- Service to 123 destinations
Origin: The company was founded in 1946.
- SAS aims to follow strong sustainable practices and to encourage its stakeholders to do the same.
- Sustainable development is an integrated part of SAS’s business activities and is closely linked to our ability to fulfill and develop the priority program, Care.
- To contribute to sustainable development, everybody must, in their day-to-day work, take financial as well as environmental and social considerations into account.
What are the hiring requirements for SAS Scandinavian Airlines careers?
- Equivalent to Studentereksamen (Denmark)
- Grundläggande behörighet för högskolestudier (Sweden)
- Generel studiekompetanse (Norway)
- Baccalaureat or equivalent (France)
- Equivalent to Upper secondary school leaving examination (Other countries)
- SAS will select the most suitable applicants for processing. The marks will be evaluated as part of the applicants’ total evaluation – for applicants with no or limited supplementary education and/or experience such marks will have significance.
- No citizenship restrictions apply. However, applicants must have the right to live and work in the EU, including Norway, indefinitely and without restrictions, or be able to obtain this right before employment.
- Documented fluency in one of the Scandinavian languages (Berlitz level C1)
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Minimum 157 cm maximum 200 cm.
- Valid JAR-FCL license
- Applicants must hold one of the following licenses:
- JAR-CPL(A), with completed ATPL theory and MCC course
- In all three cases the applicant must possess a valid IR(A)ME, a General Flight Radiotelephone Operator Certificate (GEN) and an ICAO Language proficiency to level 5.
- Note: You must convert your license to a Scandinavian JAR license, i.e. from Denmark, Norway or Sweden before your start as a pilot in SAS (as applicable).
- Applicants must hold a valid Part-MED Medical Class 1
- No specific flight time requirements exist.
- Provide SAS with an updated copy of his criminal record.
Homepage: SAS Scandinavian
We have tried to provide the most accurate information regarding hiring requirements for commercial airlines. However, we also encourage you to contact the airline you’re interested in working for directly to verify employment requirements. Learn how much you can earn as a pilot, and learn exactly how to become a pilot. We wish you great success as an airline pilot, and we hope you land your dream job! Before you fill out that job application, you will need flight training. If you are interested in pursuing a flying career with SAS Scandinavian Airlines and are interested in receiving your training at our flight school in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, please contact us today!
Airlines! If you have any updates for your hiring requirements, please submit them to us! Thank you for helping us keep your information current!