Norwegian Air Pilot Careers & Salary: A Comprehensive Guide
- Understanding Norwegian Air Hiring Requirements: Prior to thinking about a career with Norwegian Air, it is critical to understand the specific hiring specifications. This knowledge is important for any applicant, as it sets the foundation for a strong application. Learn about the qualifications, experience, and other criteria that Norwegian Air looks for in their potential employees so you can make sure you meet or surpass these standards.
- Assessing Pilot Wages at Norwegian Air: One of the primary concerns for applicants is the salary. Based on experience, documented flying hours, and rank (captain or first officer), a pilot’s wages can vary significantly. Comparing the entry-level pilot salary with the industry average provides valuable financial insight into the benefits of a career with Norwegian Air. Understanding these salary scales is essential for prospective pilots.
- Beyond the Paycheck – Additional Benefits of Working at Norwegian Air: While salary is a key factor, Norwegian Air provides more than just financial rewards. It is important for candidates to research the additional benefits that come with a career at Norwegian Air. These may include travel perks, health benefits, retirement programs, and more. Knowing the full range of advantages will enable you to fully appreciate the opportunities that a job with Norwegian Air can offer.
- Researching and Preparing for a Career at Norwegian Air: To increase your chances of success in securing a position at Norwegian Air, thorough research and preparation are necessary. This entails not just understanding the salary and employee benefits but also aligning your skills and experience with the airline’s requirements. A comprehensive approach to preparing for a Norwegian Air career will position you well in the competitive airline industry.
Norwegian Air Overview
Type of airline: Passenger
Headquarters: “Diamanten” Fornebu, Norway
Subsidiaries: Norwegian Air Argentina, Norwegian Air International, Norwegian Air Norway, Norwegian Air Sweden, Norwegian Air UK, and Norwegian Long Haul with 152 destinations
Hub: Avinor Oslo Airport
Origin: The company was founded in 1993.
Values: Norwegian strives to be a good corporate citizen in every area of operation. The company is committed to operate in accordance with responsible, ethical, sustainable and sound business principles, with respect for people, the environment and the society.
What are the hiring requirements for Norwegian Air careers?
- Direct Entry Captains B737 – Type & non Type-Rated Qualifications:
- ATPL License for respective country
- Class 1 Medical
- 4000 hours Total Time
- 2000 hours on Commercial Jets – 30T MTOW
- 500 h PIC on Commercial Jets – 30T MTOW
- 150 hours within the last 12 months
- English, language proficiency “ICAO” level 5 or higher
- Ability to read and write English and language of respective country
- No criminal record or accident
- Valid passport
Norwegian Air Careers: Overview
We have tried to provide the most accurate information regarding hiring requirements for commercial airlines. However, we also encourage you to contact the airline you’re interested in working for directly to verify employment requirements. Learn how much you can earn as a pilot, and learn exactly how to become a pilot. We wish you great success as an airline pilot and hope you land your dream job! Before you fill out that job application, you will need flight training. If you are interested in pursuing a flying career with Norwegian Air and are interested in receiving your training at our flight school in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, please contact us today!
Airlines! If you have any updates for your hiring requirements, please submit them to us! Thank you for helping us keep your information current!