Kenya Airways Careers
If you plan to apply for job openings at Kenya Airways, you should first familiarize yourself with Kenya Airway’s hiring requirements and pay so you can maximize your airline career. Skills, experience, and hours logged impact wages for both captain and first officer positions, therefore it is wise to always compare entry level pilot salary to the average to get a better idea of the rewards and opportunities provided through Kenya Airways careers. How much do pilots earn is usually the first question applicants ask, but these jobs offer benefits beyond the pay, which is why you need to research everything from hiring requirements to income to other perks of the job.
Type of airline: Passenger
Headquarters: Embakasi, Nairobi, Kenya
Hub(s): Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
Origin: The company was founded in 1977.
Values: Be the Pride of Africa, by inspiring our people and delighting our guests consistently.
What are the hiring requirements for Kenya Airways careers?
General Requirements – Captain:
- 4000 total hours of which 2000 hours must be PIC (command time)
- 500 PIC must be in an aircraft with All up Weight (AUW) of 15 tonnes or more
- Current ATPL and Instrument rating
- ‘O’ level certificate with aggregate grade of C- (Kenya) or GCE/IGCE, or equivalent, and C-/credits/passes in these mandatory subjects: -Mathematics, English language, and Physics/Chemistry/Physical Sciences
- Must be Kenyan National
- Must be computer literate
- Fluency in English (spoken & written)
- Sound judgement
- Ability to lead
- Ability to work effectively with people of different nationalities/cultural backgrounds
- Customer-oriented approach
- Excellent communicator
- High level of integrity and team spirit
Homepage: Kenya Airways
Contact Information: Apply online
We have tried to provide the most accurate information regarding hiring requirements for commercial airlines. However, we also encourage you to contact the airline you’re interested in working for directly to verify employment requirements. Learn how much you can earn as a pilot, and learn exactly how to become a pilot. We wish you great success as an airline pilot, and we hope you land your dream job! Before you fill out that job application, you will need flight training. If you are interested in pursuing a flying career with Kenya Airways and are interested in receiving your training at our flight school in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, please contact us today!