If you plan to apply for job openings at Ameriflight, you should first familiarize yourself with Ameriflight’s hiring requirements and pay so you can maximize your airline career. Skills, experience, and hours logged impact wages for both captain and first officer positions, therefore it is wise to always compare entry level pilot salary to the average to get a better idea of the rewards and opportunities provided through Ameriflight careers. How much do pilots earn is usually the first question applicants ask, but these jobs offer benefits beyond the pay, which is why you need to research everything from hiring requirements to income to other perks of the job.
Airline Type: U.S. Cargo
Aircraft Type: Beechcraft 99; Embraer EMB-120 Brasilia; Fairchild SA-227 Metroliner/Expediter; Beechcraft 1900
Headquarters: Dallas, Texas
Bases: Albuquerque, NM (ABQ); Buffalo, NY (BUF); Burbank, CA (BUR); Carolina, Puerto Rico (SJU); Cincinnati, OH (CVG – Northern Kentucky); Dallas, TX (DFW – Fort Worth); Lansing, MI (LAN); Louisville, KY (SDF); Manchester, NH (MHT); Omaha, NE (OMA); Ontario, CA (ONT); Opa-Locka (Florida) Executive Airport; Phoenix, AZ (PHX); Portland, OR (PDX); Aguadilla, Puerto Rico (BQN); Salt Lake City, UT (SLC); San Antonio, TX (SAT); Santa Barbara, CA (SBA); Municipal Airport; Seattle, WA (BFI -Boeing Field); St. Louis, MO (SUS)
Origin: Founded in 1968, Ameriflight now operates on behalf of UPS, FedEx, and DHL supply chains with service to over 200 locations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and South America.
What are the hiring requirements for Ameriflight careers?
First Officer Hiring Requirements
- FAA commercial pilot’s license with multi-engine and instrument ratings
- Current instrument proficiency check
- High performance and complex logbook endorsements
- 50 hours of multi-engine fixed-wing flight time (may be reduced to 25)
- 200 hours cross-country flight time
- 250 hours fixed-wing PIC
- 100 hours of cross-country as PIC
- 100 hours of night flying
- 75 hours of instrument time (actual or simulated – 50 hours must be in airplanes)
- 25 hours of night PIC
- Must be at least 21 years of age and finish ATP written prior to start of New Hire Training
- Total flight time minimums:
- 1,500 hours
- 1,250 hours – with qualifying 2- or 4-year aviation university program with 30 aviation hours
- 1,000 hours – with qualifying 2- or 4-year aviation university program with 60 aviation hours
- 750 hours – military flight training graduates
Additionally, candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Current FAA first or second class medical certificate
- Current passport
- Valid driver’s license
- IFR Currency
- FCC Radio Operator’s Permit
- Ability to legally work in the United States
- Ability to travel in and out of the United States
Embraer EMB120 First Officers are also required to have 500 hours turbine time, 25 hours multi-engine, 350 hours fixed-wing PIC.
UPS FlightPath II Program
Ameriflight pilots in the UPS FlightPath II Program secure UPS hiring consideration.
UPS FlightPath II Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree completed or in progress
- Minimum of 1,000 hours turbine time
- Turboprop captain and qualified for ATP by the completion of program
- Submit resume and cover letter
- Successfully complete UPS mentoring program and jet transition course
- Successfully complete required professional and personal development process
So, exactly how much can I earn as an Ameriflight pilot?
Here is a sampling of Ameriflight pilot annual wages. Pilot pay changes based on various factors, such as type of plane, years of experience, etc. For instance, this is for the Embraer 120.
|Starting: $31,000||Starting: $70,000|
|Average: $35,310||Average: $78,500|
|Top: $37,450||Top: $90,000|
We have tried to provide the most accurate information regarding hiring requirements for commercial airlines. However, we also encourage you to contact the airline you’re interested in working for directly to verify employment requirements. Learn how much you can earn as a pilot, and learn exactly how to become a pilot. We wish you great success as an airline pilot and hope you land your dream job! Before you fill out that job application, you will need flight training. If you are interested in pursuing a flying career with Ameriflight and are interested in receiving your training at our flight school in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, please contact us today!