The Private Pilot’s License (PPL) is the first certification you will earn as a pilot. The minimum training required in order to obtain your PPL are as follows:
- 60 hours of Aviation Skills Development
- 7 hours simulator time in a Tru Flite Cessna 172 with an Instructor
- 40 hours flight time in a G-1000 Cessna 172
- 10 hours of solo flight time in a G-1000 Cessna 172
- 20 hours of one-on-one ground
- 6 hours of pre/post activity briefing
The cost to obtain your PPL is updated on our Private Pilot course page.
Student loans are available should you require them.
Still have questions?
Register and then post in our forum for help