What are the requirements to obtain my Private Pilot’s License (PPL), and how much does it cost?
The Private Pilot’s License (PPL) is the first certification you will earn as a pilot. The minimum training required in order to obtain your PPL are as follows:
- 60 hours of Aviation Skills Development
- 7 hours simulator time in a Tru Flite Cessna 172 with an Instructor
- 40 hours flight time in a G-1000 Cessna 172
- 10 hours of solo flight time in a G-1000 Cessna 172
- 20 hours of one-on-one ground
- 6 hours of pre/post activity briefing
The cost to obtain your PPL is approximately $14,250 provided you pass all modules the first time without having to repeat any training. Student loans are available should you require them.