What if I’m unable to pay my student loan?

FAQ » , » What if I’m unable to pay my student loan?

Sallie Mae offers death and disability loan forgiveness to give you peace of mind in case something happens to you.

If the student dies or becomes permanently and totally disabled, Sallie Mae waives the current loan balance.

Cosigners are not responsible for the loans in the event of the student’s death or total and permanent disability.

Note: If the cosigner dies, Sallie Mae removes the cosigner from the loan and continues to service the loan.

If you are unable to repay your student loan due to financial difficulties, refinancing options may be available to you.

Return to Frequently Asked Questions


Still have questions?

Register and then post in our forum for help

Epic Chat Close