Epic utilizes FAA-approved FTDs that can be used to log actual flight time. These flight simulators are configured in a Cessna 172 and Piper Seminole with a 220-degree visualization and are fixed-based, not motion.
We currently maintain and operate five flight simulators in the Epic fleet:
- Frasca Truflite Cessna 172 with 180-degree visual system, full enclosure cockpit, G1000 cockpit
- Frasca Truflite PA-44 multi-engine sim, full enclosure, one large screen for visuals
- Precision Flight Control GTX Max Cessna Trainer, Partial Motion Platform, G1000 Cockpit
- Frasca Mentor Cessna 172 sim, smaller unit mainly used for instrument training, G1000 cockpit
- FRASCA Cessna 172 Advanced Aviation Training Device (AATD) with FRASCA’s Motion Cueing System for fixed-wing devices (FMCS-FX)