Can I be enrolled at Daytona State College while I’m enrolled at Epic Flight Academy?

FAQ » » Can I be enrolled at Daytona State College while I’m enrolled at Epic Flight Academy?

Yes, that is the ideal approach to this program for domestic (U.S.) students. An A.S. degree usually takes 1 to 2 years to complete. You can take classes while earning these flight certificates:

Private Pilot License, Instrument Pilot, Commercial Single-Engine, Flight Instructor, Flight Instructor Instrument, Commercial Multi-Engine, and Multi-Engine Flight Instructor

Therefore, you can be enrolled at DSC and taking classes in the Operations Management Program while taking flight training classes at Epic Flight Academy.

International students must complete their flight training before beginning the DSC program. Epic’s international flight students take their flight training under the M-1 visa. To take classes at Daytona State College, international students would have to change to an F-1 visa status. If you are an M-1 student, you cannot change to F or H status while you are in the United States. If you would like to attend DSC as an F-1 student, you will need to complete your training at Epic, leave the United States, apply to an SEVP-certified school (Daytona State College), and receive a new Form I-20. You will also need to apply for a new visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate, if applicable. If you are a foreign flight student and would like to enroll at Daytona State College, please contact Beth Hoodiman, admissions representative. at DSC. Please note that all F-1 students must be enrolled at DSC as full-time students taking 12 credit hours per semester with at least 9 of those credit hours being taken on the Daytona campus. More details for international students can be found online.

Return to Frequently Asked Questions


Still have questions?

Register and then post in our forum for help

Epic Chat Close