Reply To: Who is the aviation doctor?


Hello Janeth,

Each pilot is required to meet specific medical standards depending on the class of medical certificate for which the pilot applies. The aviation doctors are the ones who conduct the tests to see if you are eligible. They are called the Aviation Medical Examiner or AME from the Federal Aviation Administration.

You can search for an Aviation Medical Examiner (AME) in your area. This tool provides an up-to-date listing of AMEs, based on search criteria you select.

Thank you for using our forum!

Forum Statistics

Total Posts: 772 Total Members: 9,746 Newest Member: isaacsaka_elong