Hiring Requirements for SpiceJet
Type of airline: International Passenger
Headquarters: Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Hubs: Anna International Airport (Chennai), Indira Gandhi International Airport (New Delhi), Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (Hyderabad), and Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport (Kolkata west) with 51 destinations.
Origin: The company was founded in 2004 and began operations in 2005.
- The power to fly for everyone – With a dynamic fare structure, SpiceJet offers fares that are affordable and significantly lower than most airlines.With contemporary interiors, modern graphics and vibrant colours, SpiceJet is very much like today’s traveler – practical yet stylish.A SpiceJetter will feel ‘this is the smart, international way to travel, I’ve made the smart choice’.SpiceJet is committed to make sure you feel good at the end of a flight, arriving at your destination – fresh and on time.
- The power of performance – From aircraft to crew and ground staff the focus is on performance.Each SpiceJet employee is groomed to be smart, friendly, efficient and well-informed, ensuring that any interaction will make you feel welcome and looked after.Experienced pilots, well-trained cabin crew will make every flight a comfortable one.The philosophy is no-frills but high-performance.
- The power of safety – SpiceJet invests heavily in safety, impeccable maintenance and a high level of expertise.Experienced pilots, engineers and maintenance crew go through rigorous training and are hand-picked for their technical knowledge and expertise.So you can rest assured that there is no cut-back in this key area of modern day flying.
- The power behind the power to fly – SpiceJet’s key management personnel are all senior, seasoned professionals and have significant international experience in both launching and managing low-cost airlines.With thousands of cumulative man hours in the industry, the management is committed to bring to customers in India all the benefits of the global revolution in the skies.SpiceJet aims to make travel comfortable, affordable and refreshingly efficient experience for all.
- Must have passed a proficiency check on a flight simulator by a DGCA-approved examiner covering PF and PNF duties (duration of 4Hrs; i.e. 2Hrs each).
- Minimum flying experience – 2000 Hrs
- Minimum PIC flying experience – 1000 Hrs
- Minimum PIC on type/variant – 100 hrs with current IR/LR check/LR Check/ (Pilot’s Proficiency Checks)
- Recent experience – at least three takes-off and landings within the preceding 90 days on the type of aircraft applied for, or in a flight simulator approved for the purpose.
Although we have tried to provide the most useful and accurate information here regarding hiring requirements for commercial airlines, we encourage you to confirm these requirements for yourself.
Our flight school provides the training you need to get started for a career with SpiceJet. Wishing you a great career as a commercial airline pilot and hoping you land your dream job!