Aircraft Mechanic Student Loans
Some of our students ask about aircraft mechanic student loans, so we have provided information here. You can choose Sallie Mae, a familiar lender of student loans, or another option. Some students also work with their local banks.
How much do I need to borrow?
The amount you borrow is between you and your lender. The cost for Aircraft Mechanic tuition is $25,000 ($5,000 per course) plus $300 for books and $800 for tools. Please note that you will own these tools. There is a $145 application fee once you are approved. You are required to take 3 FAA exams that cost $160 each. Upon completion of the program, there is an FAA oral exam and an FAA practical exam. These cost a total of $1,050. To better assist you, we disclose all costs upfront so you can plan accordingly. Total cost is: $27,775. If you also need to borrow living expenses while you attend school, you should discuss that with your lender. Before you borrow the full amount, we encourage you to apply for a $5,000 scholarship from Epic.
Sallie Mae Eligibility
- U.S. Citizens and Permanent Resident Aliens are eligible.
- Resident Alien with required U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) documentation.
- Non-U.S. citizen students (including DACA students) who reside in and attend school in the U.S., are eligible with a creditworthy cosigner (who must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident) and are required to provide an unexpired government-issued photo ID to verify identity.
- Those who meet current credit and other eligibility criteria.
- Students attending school full-time, half-time, or less than half-time, or taking prerequisite classes. Students attending summer classes or continuing education classes.
- If you still need funds after maximizing grants, scholarships, and federal student loans you can apply.
- Anyone taking courses that do not qualify for federal student loans.
- Students attending summer classes or continuing education classes.
- Those who still need funds after maximizing grants, scholarships, and federal student loans.
- Students taking courses that do not qualify for federal student loans.
How do I apply for a Sallie Mae loan?
Applying is easy! Students (or co-signers) can apply online. This takes approximately 15 minutes. Next, you will receive your credit approval. This includes your estimated monthly payment amounts, interest rates, and total number of payments to help select your repayment option. Follow these steps to apply now:
- First, complete the application online.
- Under “Loan Needs,” select whether you are a student, co-signer, parent or sponsor.
- For “Type of Program,” select “Career training school.”
- Select “Florida” for the state.
- Type in “Epic Flight Academy,” which will automatically pull it up for you. Click on that.
- Finally, provide requested information. We look forward to seeing you soon at Epic!
- NOTE: Epic’s administrative code is 606701-00. Always use this number when contacting Sallie Mae.
What are the Sallie Mae loan limits?
There is a minimum of $1,000. Also, the maximum is the school-certified cost of attendance, less other financial aid received – no aggregate loan limit. Sallie Mae reserves the right to approve a lower loan amount than the school-certified amount.
What else should I know about Sallie Mae loans?
These PDF files may answer specific questions. Also, you can check out our frequently asked questions.
- General Information (Career Training Smart Option Student Loan)
- Sallie Mae Scholarship Assistance
- Sallie Mae Frequently Asked Questions
- Applying for a Loan with a Cosigner
How do I contact Sallie Mae?
Are there other loan options in addition to Sallie Mae?
Yes! There are other lenders that provide aircraft mechanic student loans. For instance, try contacting your local bank to see if they provide student loans. Similarly, certain lenders offer students loans for specific criteria. In other words, they may have residency requirements or other criteria. Below are several options that might work for you.
Note: When applying for a loan at Epic Flight Academy, use this code: 513979
2. Regions Bank
Note: When applying for a loan at Epic Flight Academy, use this code: 900902
Note: When applying for a loan at Epic Flight Academy, use this code: 900823
4. Alaska Supplemental Education Loan (ASEL)
First of all, these loans are open only to Alaskan residents or someone training in Alaska. Also, you must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
5. Alaska Family Education Loan (FEL)
- First of all, you must be an Alaska resident.
- Second, there is a loan limit of $10,000 per year.
- There is an aggregate limit of $56,000.
- Repayment term: 10 years
- Students and/or family members can apply online or call 1-800-441-2962.
- You must be an eligible member of American Airlines Credit Union.
- You can borrow up to $40,000.
- Repayment can be up to 10 years; payments begin as soon as funds are disbursed through the credit union.
- Call 1-800-533-0035.
- Maximum loan amount is $100,000.
- 7 year maximum to repay; payments begin as soon as funds are disbursed.
- Inquire online or by calling 1-800-627-5263.
- First of all, you must be Florida resident or a member with AOPA.
- Second, you can borrow up to $30,000, which exceeds the cost of the mechanic program.
- There is a 6-year repayment term.
- Inquire online or by calling 954-745-2400.
- Veterans’ benefits are often confusing. Therefore, you may be unsure of eligibility or have questions about G.I. Bill entitlement. If so, contact the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (1-888-GIBILL1). Eligible students enrolled here must maintain satisfactory academic progress. This is a requirement to receive VA education benefits.
- Vocational training is available to eligible veterans and reservists under certain circumstances.
- Applicants for Education Benefits (22-1990) and Request of Change of Program of Place of Training (22-5495) should be sent to: VA Regional Office, P.O. Box 888, Muskogee, OK 74402-888.
Can international students apply for loans?
We encourage international students to secure funding before applying to our aircraft mechanic program. However, you may also qualify for student loans or other types of financing.