Aircraft Mechanic (A&P) Instructor Job Summary
Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Instructor to conduct technical training classes for domestic and international students in Epic Flight Academy’s Aircraft Maintenance Program under Part 147 requirements of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
- Teaches one or more assigned classes that are part of the program including procedures, practices, materials, tools, machine tools, and equipment generally used in constructing, maintaining, or altering airframes or powerplants, appropriate to the rating sought.
- Compile and maintain student grades, attendance records, and other required paperwork.
- Follow and maintain daily lesson plans and Study Guides, ensure their compliance with Part 147 Certification Manual through input to the Director of Education and/or 147 Director.
- Comply with established procedures as noted in the Epic Part 147 Certification Manual
- Comply with established policies and procedures
- Administer and grade lab projects and theory exams required for the course of instruction assigned
- Maintain lab equipment
- Ensure student compliance with all established student policies and procedures
- Provide student remediation as needed
- Assist in student retention
- High School Diploma
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate (You must have either Airframe or Powerplant certificate).
- Classroom teaching experience
Required Skills for Aircraft Mechanic Job:
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from students.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, fundamentals of plane, and solid geometry
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Employees must meet the physical demands described here to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Epic may make Reasonable accommodations enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions if not a company hardship.
The employee will stand; walk; use hands to lift, handle, or feel; talk; and hear to perform job duties. The employee frequently reaches with hands and arms. Also, the employee occasionally sits; climbs or balances; stoops; kneels; crouches; or crawls. The employee must frequently lift and/or balance up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be working with domestic and international students. The employee must demonstrate cultural and religious sensitivity at all times, including in off-duty hours and at Epic and its partner locations.
All recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and other employment related programs are provided fairly to all persons on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Epic is a drug free workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
Paid Time Off
Ability to commute/relocate:
New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168: You will need to reliably commute or are planning to relocate before starting work (required).
Work Location: In person
Apply by emailing your resume to our Human Resources department.