Austrian Airlines AG Careers
If you plan to apply for job openings at Austrian Airlines, you should first familiarize yourself with Austrian’s hiring requirements and pay so you can maximize your airline career. Skills, experience, and hours logged impact wages for both captain and first officer positions, therefore it is wise to always compare entry level pilot salary to the average to get a better idea of the rewards and opportunities provided through Austrian Airlines careers. How much do pilots earn is usually the first question applicants ask, but these jobs offer benefits beyond the pay, which is why you need to research everything from hiring requirements to income to other perks of the job.
Type of airline: International Passenger
Headquarters: Schwechat, Austria
Hubs: Vienna International Airport; Focus cities: Graz Airport, Innsbruck Airport, and Salzburg Airport with 130 destinations.
Origin: The company was founded in 1957.
Values: “In accordance with our motto, ‘We carry Austria in our hearts, and ever more customers into the world,’ we do everything to ensure our customers look forward to their next flight with Austrian.”
What are the hiring requirements for Austrian Airlines careers?
- ATPL (A) or CPL (A) -IR, frozen ATPL with ATPL theory credit
- EU citizenship or valid employment title for Austria
- Matura, Berufsreifeprüfung or Abitur or subject-related university entrance qualification of your country of origin (university entrance qualification is not sufficient)
- Possession of an unrestricted passport
- Possess a Class I Medical
- Proficient in German and English (spoken and written)
- Height: at least 165 cm (5’4″)
- Glasses and contact lens wearer / in eyesight with max. + 5 / -6 diopters (not laser-corrected)
- You have never retired from an Austrian Airlines pilot training
Austrian Careers: Overview
We have tried to provide the most accurate information regarding hiring requirements for commercial airlines. However, we also encourage you to contact the airline you’re interested in working for directly to verify employment requirements. Learn how much you can earn as a pilot, and learn exactly how to become a pilot. We wish you great success as an airline pilot and hope you land your dream job! Before you fill out that job application, you will need flight training. If you are interested in pursuing a flying career with Austrian Airlines and are interested in receiving your training at our flight school in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, please contact us today!