If you plan to apply for job openings at Alitalia, you should first familiarize yourself with Alitalia’s hiring requirements and pay so you can maximize your airline career. Skills, experience, and hours logged impact wages for both captain and first officer positions, therefore it is wise to always compare entry level pilot salary to the average to get a better idea of the rewards and opportunities provided through Alitalia careers. How much do pilots earn is usually the first question applicants ask, but these jobs offer benefits beyond the pay, which is why you need to research everything from hiring requirements to income to other perks of the job.
Type of airline: International Passenger
Headquarters: Rome, Italy
Hubs: Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino Airport (Rome); secondary: Linate Airport (Milan); focus cities: Catania-Fontanarossa Airport, Falcone–Borsellino Airport (Palermo), Malpensa Airport (Milan), and Naples International Airport with 94 destinations.
Origin: Alitalia was founded in 1999 as Trattamenti Termici Solbiate and began operating as Alitalia in 2015.
- Being sustainable means creating value for our stakeholders. Air travel, promoting economic, social and cultural exchange on a global scale, represents a strategic infrastructure for the movement of people and goods, as well as an industry that is crucial to developing tourism.
- Being responsible means giving value to the dignity of people at all times and, on a wider scale, to society, countries we operate in and the environment.
What are the hiring requirements for Alitalia careers?
- Hold a valid EASA License, Frozen ATPL
- Medical First Class EASA
- EU Citizenship; hold a currently valid EU Passport
- Excellent command of written and verbal Italian and English ICAO Level 4
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- Hold a valid Passport
- EMB170 Type Rating is considered a plus as well as commercial flight activity
Alitalia Careers: Overview
We have tried to provide the most accurate information regarding hiring requirements for commercial airlines. However, we also encourage you to contact the airline you’re interested in working for directly to verify employment requirements. Learn how much you can earn as a pilot, and learn exactly how to become a pilot. We wish you great success as an airline pilot and hope you land your dream job! Before you fill out that job application, you will need flight training. If you are interested in pursuing a flying career with Alitalia and are interested in receiving your training at our flight school in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, please contact us today!