ExpressJet Airlines Careers
If you plan to apply for job openings at ExpressJet Airlines, you should first familiarize yourself with ExpressJet’s hiring requirements and pay so you can maximize your airline career. Skills, experience, and hours logged impact wages for both captain and first officer positions, therefore it is wise to always compare entry level pilot salary to the average to get a better idea of the rewards and opportunities provided through ExpressJet Airlines careers. How much do pilots earn is usually the first question applicants ask, but these jobs offer benefits beyond the pay, which is why you need to research everything from hiring requirements to income to other perks of the job.
Airline Type: U.S. Regional
Aircraft Type: Bombardier CRJ200; Embraer ERJ145; Embraer E175
Headquarters: Atlanta, Georgia
Bases: Chicago, IL (ORD – O’Hare); Cleveland, OH (CLE); Houston, TX (IAH); Newark, NJ (EWR); Knoxville, TN (TYS)
Origin: Founded in 1986, ExpressJet Airlines now operates on behalf of United Airlines as United Express with service to over 100 cities in the United States, Canada and Mexico.
What are the hiring requirements for ExpressJet Airlines careers?
Airline Pilot Pathway Program (AP3)
Pilots in the AP3 receive the following benefits from ExpressJet Airlines:
- Airline pilot career mentorship and support
- Guaranteed early interview
- Conditional job offer
- First Officer position
- Funding for ATP CTP class
- Pass required testing after earning FAA Instrument rating
- Maintain cumulative GPA of 2.75, with a 3.0 GPA in major
First Officer Hiring Requirements
- FAA commercial pilot’s license with multi-engine and instrument ratings
- 50 hours of multi-engine fixed-wing flight time (may be reduced to 25)
- 200 hours cross-country flight time
- 250 hours fixed-wing PIC
- 100 hours of cross-country as PIC
- 100 hours of night flying
- 75 hours of instrument time (actual or simulated – 50 hours must be in airplanes)
- 25 hours of night PIC
- Must be at least 21 years of age and finish ATP written prior to start of New Hire Training
- Total flight time minimums:
- 1,500 hours
- 1,250 hours – with qualifying 2- or 4-year aviation university program with 30 aviation hours
- 1,000 hours – with qualifying 2- or 4-year aviation university program with 60 aviation hours
- 750 hours – military flight training graduates
Additionally, candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Current FAA first class medical certificate
- Current passport
- IFR Currency
- FCC Radio Operator’s Permit
- Ability to legally work in the United States
- Ability to travel in and out of the United States
- Able to pass required background security screenings and DOT/FAA-mandated drug screening
Preferred qualification: Accredited college degree – Explore our college degree program
United Airlines Career Path Program (CPP)
ExpressJet pilots in the United Airlines CPP secure United Airlines hiring consideration.
United CPP Qualifications:
- Successful CPP interview with United Airlines
- Successfully complete United Airlines job fit assessment
So, exactly how much can I earn as an ExpressJet pilot?
Here is a sampling of ExpressJet pilot annual wages. Pilot pay changes based on various factors, such as type of plane, years of experience, etc. For instance, this is for the Embraer 145.
|Starting: $20,835||Starting: $58,725|
|Average: $30,109||Average: $69,628|
|Top: $39,384||Top: $80,532|
Homepage: ExpressJet Airlines
We have tried to provide the most accurate information regarding hiring requirements for commercial airlines. However, we also encourage you to contact the airline you’re interested in working for directly to verify employment requirements Learn how much you can earn as a pilot, and learn exactly how to become a pilot. We wish you great success as an airline pilot and hope you land your dream job! Before you fill out that job application, you will need flight training. If you are interested in pursuing a flying career with ExpressJet Airlines and are interested in receiving your training at our flight school in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, please contact us today!