Air New Zealand Group Careers
If you plan to apply for job openings at Air New Zealand, you should first familiarize yourself with Air New Zealand’s hiring requirements and pay so you can maximize your airline career. Skills, experience, and hours logged impact wages for both captain and first officer positions, therefore it is wise to always compare entry level pilot salary to the average to get a better idea of the rewards and opportunities provided through Air New Zealand careers. How much do pilots earn is usually the first question applicants ask, but these jobs offer benefits beyond the pay, which is why you need to research everything from hiring requirements to income to other perks of the job.
Type of airline: International Passenger
Headquarters: Auckland, New Zealand
Hubs: Auckland Airport, Christchurch International Airport, and Wellington International Airport and focus cities: Los Angeles International Airport and Sydney Airport with 50+ destinations.
Origin: Air New Zealand was founded in 1965. The group consists of Air New Zealand, Mount Cook Airlines, and Air Nelson.
- We will be the customers’ airline of choice when travelling to, from and within New Zealand.
- We will build competitive advantage in all of our businesses through the creativity and innovation of our people.
- We will champion and promote New Zealand and its people, culture and business at home and overseas.
- We will work together as a great team committed to the growth and vitality of our company and New Zealand.
- Our workplaces will be fun, energising and where everyone can make a difference.
What are the hiring requirements for Air New Zealand careers?
- NZCAA CPL
- NZCAA ATPL or all NZ ATPL subjects passed
- NZCAA MEIR (current)
- NZCAA Class 1 Medical
- 2000 hours total time
- 100 hours Multi-engine Aeroplane
- 100 hours ATO
- 25 night hours
- 40 hours Instrument Flight Time
- University Entrance / Equivalent
- L6 English Language Proficiency or greater
- Indefinite permanent residency of New Zealand or citizenship of New Zealand or Australia. An ability to travel overseas is required for the jet fleet including a valid passport with visas as required.
So, exactly how much can I earn as an Air New Zealand pilot?
Here is a sampling of Air New Zealand pilot annual wages. Pilot pay changes based on various factors, such as type of plane, years of experience, etc. Pilot salaries at Air New Zealand range from NZ$56K to NZ$187K per year. The average annual pilot salary is NZ$101K.
Homepage: Air New Zealand
Air New Zealand Careers: Overview
We have tried to provide the most accurate information regarding hiring requirements for commercial airlines. However, we also encourage you to contact the airline you’re interested in working for directly to verify employment requirements. Learn how much you can earn as a pilot, and learn exactly how to become a pilot. We wish you great success as an airline pilot and hope you land your dream job! Before you fill out that job application, you will need flight training. If you are interested in pursuing a flying career with Air New Zealand and are interested in receiving your training at our flight school in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, please contact us today!
Airlines! If you have an update for your hiring requirements, please submit them to us! Thank you for helping us keep your information current!