Aer Lingus Careers
If you plan to apply for job openings at Aer Lingus, you should first familiarize yourself with Aer Lingus’ hiring requirements and pay so you can maximize your airline career. Skills, experience, and hours logged impact wages for both captain and first officer positions, therefore it is wise to always compare entry level pilot salary to the average to get a better idea of the rewards and opportunities provided through Aer Lingus careers. How much do pilots earn is usually the first question applicants ask, but these jobs offer benefits beyond the pay, which is why you need to research everything from hiring requirements to income to other perks of the job.
Type of airline: International Passenger
Headquarters: Dublin, Ireland
Hubs: Dublin with bases in Belfast-City, Cork, and Shannon with 93 destinations.
Origin: The company was founded in 1936.
What are the hiring requirements for Aer Lingus careers?
Essential criteria for application:
- Valid EASA issued ATPL (or frozen ATPL)
- Current ME/IR
- MCC qualification
- EASA Class 1 Medical certificate
- 2 verifiable references
- English Language Proficiency level 5 or higher
- Permanently eligible to live and work in the EU with an unrestricted worldwide passport.
- Able to pass a strict airport security vetting procedure
- Possession and demonstration of the key competencies outlined below.
Key Competencies include:
- Highly motivated and keen to take responsibility and accountability
- Strong leadership potential with well-developed teamwork skills
- Excellent communication skills – fluent in English, spoken and written
- Proven Interpersonal skills that fit with the Aer Lingus value
- Broad awareness of our customers’ expectations
- Flexible and adaptable with an enthusiastic and positive attitude to change
- An understanding of a pilot’s influence on commercial priorities
- A Safety focus consistent with our ‘Just Culture’ model
- Applicants who hold a current Airbus type-rating
- Multi-crew commercial experience or 500 hours
Minimum standards everyone must meet:
- You must have the right to live and work in the location you wish to work without sponsorship from Aer Lingus. We will ask you for proof of your eligibility to work if you are selected for an interview.
- Pilots will need to hold a valid passport that allows unrestricted travel worldwide travel
- You will need to pass our security clearance procedure.
- You must be in procession of an EASA Class 1 Medical certificate and ATPL
Homepage: Aer Lingus
Aer Lingus Careers: Overview
We have tried to provide the most accurate information regarding hiring requirements for commercial airlines. However, we also encourage you to contact the airline you’re interested in working for directly to verify employment requirements. Learn how much you can earn as a pilot, and learn exactly how to become a pilot. We wish you great success as an airline pilot and hope you land your dream job! Before you fill out that job application, you will need flight training. If you are interested in pursuing a flying career with Aer Lingus and are interested in receiving your training at our flight school in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, please contact us today!