Reply To: I’m studying at Cleveland State University. I have…

Epic Flight Academy Forums International Flight School Students I’m studying at Cleveland State University. I have… Reply To: I’m studying at Cleveland State University. I have…


I’m studying at Cleveland State University. I have student F1 visa and it is valid up to 5 years from now. Once I graduate from my university in May 2022. Do I have to change my visa status? If I want to join you after my graduation?
Answer: Yes. You will need to process an M1 visa. Hopefully, by that time we will be approved to issue an F1 visa to all our students so you won’t need to process another visa.

Or when is the best time for me to join your academy?
Answer: If you are anywhere near our campus, you can even join flight training with us while you’re studying at the university. We accept part-time students.

How sure are you that I can 100% be a pilot?
Answer: At Epic Flight Academy, we take pride in the level of training we provide. For more than 20 years, Epic has been training thousands of pilots from around the world who are now successfully working for airlines and other aviation companies. With the worldwide pilot shortage, if students are well prepared and trained it will help them land their first job after successfully completing at Epic.

How many hours of flying training will be?
Answer: For international students, it will vary depending on the country they come from. Mostly they’re require to finish with 250 flight hours but some countries need 300. Note that in your 140 flight hours, you will be able to get your Private Pilot License, Instrument Rating, and Commercial Pilot License Multi-Engine. The rest of the hours will be time building.

What are the basic requirements in my case? Do I have to take English classes too?
Answer: To become a trained airline pilot at Epic Flight Academy in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, USA you must:
1) Be at least 17 years of age
2) Speak English proficiently ( English proficiency test is done during the application process)
3) International students must have a valid passport (Passport information: or two other forms of identification if you are from the USA
4) Completed high school or secondary education (Grades don’t matter, only that you completed school.)

If you wish to connect with our recruiters, please feel free to complete this form:

Thank you for using our forum!

Forum Statistics

Total Posts: 766 Total Members: 9,736 Newest Member: goodgoodgood40