Powerplant Instructors Needed
Join the Epic Flight Academy family as a Powerplant Instructor!
Epic Flight Academy is looking for energetic Powerplant Instructors with a vision to pioneer a new Aviation Maintenance Technician School in New Smyrna Beach, Florida The AMTS will offer a general airframe and powerplant (A&P) course to help with the growing demand of aircraft mechanics and technicians that will be occurring over the next 20 years.
This position will be full-time, offering health benefits, 401K, paid time off, and holiday pay. Generous salary commensurate with experience. We also offer a signing bonus based on experience.
Work schedule: Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Instructors may have to work some Saturdays to facilitate student make-up or to participate in the school’s open houses or other events.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Must have a valid Powerplant certificate
- High School Diploma required or Post-Secondary Degree preferred
- Must have 3 or more years of hands-on experience in aircraft maintenance, (consideration will be given for more diverse experience, i.e. military)
- Prior instructional experience preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both oral and written communications
- Should be capable of developing, evaluating, revising, and enhancing training curricula
- Should be adept at designing course objectives and curricula structure
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Internet
- Must work well within a team environment
- Should be a self-starter and able to work unsupervised in an educational environment
- Must have regular attendance and punctuality due to the fast pace and curricula.
- Should have strong organizational skills
- Well-groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
- Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short notice
- Should be able to manage stress and be flexible in changing fast pace environment
- Attention to detail and willingness to settle for nothing short of excellence (Safety first!)
- Adhere to strict confidentiality and other ethical standards
- Demonstrate proficiency in applicable subject areas including: Math, Physics, Basic Electricity/Electronics, and Powerplant Systems
- Conduct classroom lectures using an approved lesson plan
- Assist instructors and students in the shop/laboratory to facilitate hands-on learning
- Coordinate shop project, keep inventory of equipment/supplies, and ensure serviceability of training mock-up and repair as required
Ability to crawl, bend, kneel, climb, stoop frequently and the ability to lift 50 pounds
Email Phyllis with your resume and contact information.